Respected Contributor

Re: Realizing how overwhelmed I am right now

So many of us feel the same way.  I have unopened junk mail sitting on the stairs witing for whatever's on the outside of the envelopes to die off before I can shred them.  Packages from HSN are sitting in the garage unopened too.   How's that for crazy?  I've wiped everyting down with alcohol so many times I need a holster to hold the bottle on my side.  

DH and I both compromised by age and pre-existing conditions (I think it's called life ) and I'm fearful of infecting my husband when I come back from the grocery store...then I get really crazy and think I'll infect myself!  It's coocoo time here.

Ambition, I don't know where that is.

Hang in there with us.

I need wine and the liquor stores are closed.  Time to learn wine making.

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Trusted Contributor

@kitcat51 : With all due respect I don't think you can nor should compare her to what or how others are doing and handling this.

@I am still oxox : Give yourself permission to feel what you are feeling. We're all different and there is no right or wrong.

Maybe just take it one day at a time so it doesn't feel so overwhelming?
I'll be checking in to see how you are doing. Just don't beat yourself up.

Esteemed Contributor

This is a very overwhelming time, even for those of us who are in good health. Some folks may just be having a ball, but I don't know any of those people. 

I'd try to get the shoes sent back, so you will get a refund or credit. Maybe your dh could help you with that. The rest of it will wait. 

If its bothering you, just move it out of the living room and put it somewhere where you have extra space and get to it when you feel better.

Honored Contributor

Take the weekend off.  Watch movies, read a book or whatever your down time favorite is.  See how you feel on Monday.  If you are feeling better, prioritize your to do list.  Then break down the top item into small chunks and work on it for a short period as you can.

Valued Contributor

I understand totally. Autoimmune daily life is unpredictable living day to day and this is an unpredictable, scary time too @I am still oxox.  Rest when your body needs,  enjoy the good moments and add 1 thing  to the good things pile daily and know you're doing a great job keeping you and your husband safe&well. Also the community. You hunkered down asap with the New Rochelle first cases nearby. In CT we've been inside almost as long. Hope you have a sunny day tomorrow, today's weather was not helping. Damp&chilly.

Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple   Love your comment I think lots of us are getting stressed as isolation goes on but......like you I was thinking all day yesterday I want to colour my hair bright blonde all over - shades of Antonella!  Lol. I really have a yen to do this never happened before lol.  

We have had sunshine all this week and just to sit outside in the garden with a book works great for me especially if I were blonde!

Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

So many of us feel the same way.  I have unopened junk mail sitting on the stairs witing for whatever's on the outside of the envelopes to die off before I can shred them.  Packages from HSN are sitting in the garage unopened too.   How's that for crazy?  I've wiped everyting down with alcohol so many times I need a holster to hold the bottle on my side.  

DH and I both compromised by age and pre-existing conditions (I think it's called life ) and I'm fearful of infecting my husband when I come back from the grocery store...then I get really crazy and think I'll infect myself!  It's coocoo time here.

Ambition, I don't know where that is.

Hang in there with us.

I need wine and the liquor stores are closed.  Time to learn wine making.

@RoughDraft You can't buy wine at the grocery store?  If I did not have my wine, I might not make it through Stay at Home with DH and 2 adult college kids!  

@I am still oxox ITA with @JaneMarple .  I get a little anxious by mid-afternoon, so I take my dog for a walk, get some fresh air (and much needed alone time) and feel so much better afterwards.  

Respected Contributor

@Sadiesadie wrote:

@kitcat51 : With all due respect I don't think you can nor should compare her to what or how others are doing and handling this.

@I am still oxox : Give yourself permission to feel what you are feeling. We're all different and there is no right or wrong.

Maybe just take it one day at a time so it doesn't feel so overwhelming?
I'll be checking in to see how you are doing. Just don't beat yourself up.

Look it's  important  to put things into perspective...feeling overwhelmed doesn't help a person at all but being positive, taking care of yourself, keeping in touch & helping others can & will. A person can fold or stand up in times of crisis, it's their choice.

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I have 3 QVC packages sitting un opened, one box of shoes that has to go back to DSW, my Summer clothes sitting in a pile ready to be swapped out, and I have a lot  to no energy to do it. Everything is sitting in the living room and haunting me everywhere I look 

I am immuosupressed and right staying alive is a major priority 

Sorry to hear you're going through this, @I am still oxox , but I'm glad you posted about it. You are so not alone--I have two boxes from HSN and QVC unopened, and four returns to put together. I rarely make returns, so that means I was impulse buying, not good.

I'm not immunocompromised, but my immune system is deranged with MS. I thought I was dealing fine with this nightmare, but today I realized I'm in the middle of a major flare that's hit my eyes, my balance, and half my body is numb. I haven't been going outside except to toss trash or get something from the car, but this afternoon I went out and did some deep breathing and felt better. Had a lie down and felt better when I got up.

I realized this event or whatever you want to call it is incredibly disturbing and that I need to find specific things I can do to offset the effects this is having on me. Tomorrow I'll go to the post office, do a quick store run, and then do some yard work for the exercise and fresh air. I hope you can find something that helps lift the weight of this time, even just momentarily. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox @RoughDraft @noodleann Part of the fallout of this virus will be the mental health effect this will have on a lot of people.  If you continue to struggle and can't find relief, please contact your primary healthcare provider and ask for a referral.  Hope you all feel better soon!