Esteemed Contributor

Re: Realizing how overwhelmed I am right now

@JaneMarple wrote:

We're all suffering one way or another. So many of us on these boards suffer from illnesses and many of them serious. I have two autoimmune illnesses and a few other problems, some bad days here and there but I refuse to let it get to me.

This quarantine is something that I will never forget, my big decision this week is which shade of purple I will color my grays with.

@JaneMarple,  I strongly recommend the brightest, boldest shade you have available.  Maybe a few lilac streaks here and there for contrast.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

hopi, that's a beautiful song.  My DH and I are faithful in the Lord and my favorite poem is Footprints in the Sand👣👣👣.  We have so many things to be thankful for.

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox : Please know that I care.

Go easy on yourself. No need to deal with the summer clothes until you are up to it. In this enviornment the good news is that you can make your own schedule! Do as much or as little as you like. No one is watching or judging. Care for your health, mental and physical.

Do yourself a favor and limit watching of news to once a day, and for just a few minutes. 

Increase time spent in prayer and call someone who makes you happy- they are probably at home!

Esteemed Contributor

It’s very hard being in the tristate area right now.  It seems like this will never end.  The apex is a moving target.  Get much needed rest so you are at your strongest.  I aim to get one thing done each day.  I try to feel some sense of accomplishment from that.  I know it’s difficult to focus in the midst of a depressing crises

Respected Contributor

Worrying won't stop the bad stuff from happening it just stops you from enjoying the Good.

Respected Contributor

Make sure to hydrate well. Lethargy can be  caused by dehydration. So take a "sick" day becaise you could be, right?

Rest, eat lots of brothy soup, hydrate with nice clean cool waters, soothing warm teas etc. 

Dress super comfy, limit covid-news, Go sit outside for 15 minutes and practice relaxing and stretching your muscle groups. Literally, take care.

Then after all that I find myself bored as hell and do one chore...haha (wink)

I hope you feel better soon. 

Esteemed Contributor

What wonderful advice you've been given. Gravitate to the compassionate posts. We can all be brave, until something happens to us. As simple as this sounds, small encouragements are something I can embrace. Right now I'm focussing on THIS TOO, SHALL PASS. Be kind to yourself, but do challenge yourself. I like what one poster said -- pick one thing a day and feel good about yourself for your accomplishments. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

@I am still oxox and @Anonymous032819
I am so sorry to hear of your struggles. I do appreciate your honesty and please accept my thoughts and prayers to you both. 🙏🙏❤️❤️LadyAlice
Honored Contributor

Just saying to my DH that I'm being lazy. Have been doing my normal housework and twenty minutes of yard work each day, but no desire to tackle real projects. Maybe we all deserve some pampering.

Honored Contributor

I have AI disease too and am on immunosuppressants. I have left the house in two weeks. At least we have an excuse to take things slow. In some ways I feel less overwhelmed because of things I've have to temporarily give up but I have time to do some other things I've had on the back burner. If opening boxes is too much right now take a hiatus from shopping. 
Nothing wrong with asking your doctor for help too as you seem like you've being having a pretty hard tine coping with this.