Honored Contributor

Re: Realistic looking pfishing email from Apple today. Take a look, just in case you get one.

[ Edited ]

I was deluged all day today with spam calls from what was supposed to be Apple calling about the" 3K I had authorized last night for them to remotely repair my computer." Ha!

All they needed was my password, ID, and social sec# and they were happy to help......yikes! I hung up and blocked the number.; they called 9 more times at 2 minute intervals....guess they are on an auto dial. So annoying! I have had to answer lately when I don't know who is calling because am hoping to be called for vaccine appt....

Trusted Contributor

Re: Realistic looking pfishing email from Apple today. Take a look, just in case you get one.

I got an email from a credit card company saying my account is blocked. There is a link to go update my info. I never respond to these. I will call my company and talk to them directly. I just paid my bill by phone last night. If there was a problem with my account, they would’ve told me then. This email does look real. They have some info about me, which is scary.
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

Lots of LOCKED MESSAGES.  I got one from Apple and one from Chase Bank.  Ignore them please.  And there is another scam out there.  AMAZON.   A friend emails you for a gift card to send to their friend or relative because they are having trouble with their credit card.  No way not to open it at first because it is your friend.  But at that point you may answer which you would normally do.  Not really the person who is your friend.

I just answered and said NO which was followed by a phone call telling  me I was hacked for $600 on my Amazon card.  I hung up and called Amazon and my bank.  I was saved because I did not DO THE PHONE THING and give out information.  But a friiend had to work on a $800 purchase and a hack on his mothers accounts that were in escrow. 

When an email comes in .... no matter who it is from use your mouse on the address and see if it matches what you know to be true.  My friend had a slight chance in email address which I did not notice.  

How did it start... A distribution list using TO instead of BCC which is blind copy.  Lots of names exposed who were friends or  belonged to the same group.  

Jeff Bezos needs to take some of his billions and use it to upgrade his security system for Amazon.....So many security breaches....here's a hint from my Bank, never ever store your payment info on Amazon's website....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”