Honored Contributor

Re: Ready for the Heat Wave? ~~ In D.C. it's Starting Today. Ugh!!

It is very humid here in SW Pa already.

A huge THANK YOU to whoever invented air conditioning.

Respected Contributor

I agree HH. I don't mind the high temps, it the humidity. Was outside sweating off a few pounds earlier. Husband told me to make baked potatoes for dinner tonight. I just looked at him like he was crazy, but I'm gonna do it because it either that or mashed.

Honored Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Allegheny said:

I agree HH. I don't mind the high temps, it the humidity. Was outside sweating off a few pounds earlier. Husband told me to make baked potatoes for dinner tonight. I just looked at him like he was crazy, but I'm gonna do it because it either that or mashed.

I am making pasta because I don't want to turn on the oven at all! I have my crockpot of sauce cooking out on the picnic table - under the awning in case it rains.

Honored Contributor

90's all week here. Humid, too! {#emotions_dlg.sad}

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

On 6/16/2014 Usedtobeoxox said:
On 6/16/2014 Yahooey said:

No luck there, NYC is climbing into the high 80s as the week progresses. I don't do well after 80. Enjoy your stay.Smile

Hmm I live in suburban NYC and just looked at the rest of the week, mid 80's not bad considering it is almost later June

I like the cold - shoveling snow, don't mind it . Hate heat, I can only go so n@ ked. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Honored Contributor

No luck there, NYC is climbing into the high 80s as the week progresses. I don't do well after 80. Enjoy your stay.Smile

Hmm I live in suburban NYC and just looked at the rest of the week, mid 80's not bad considering it is almost later June

I like the cold - shoveling snow, don't mind it . Hate heat, I can only go so n@ ked. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Wink{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

We are now. The repairperson just replaced the capacitor in the AC. Ah, sweet relief!

Respected Contributor

Same here. Heat, I'm so-so about, heat and humidity NOOOOOOO! It is AWFUL here today after a gorgeous weekend. Walked out of the garage to bring in my garbage cans and the heat and humidity slammed me like I walked into a wall!

Valued Contributor

On 6/16/2014 sunshine45 said:

i will take the winter and cold weather back over the heat and humidity.....YUK.....it feels so horrible outside and it makes ME feel horrible.

cant wait to get to the beach!

Sunshine, when we first started spending summers at the beach, the weather was usually predictable. The temperature was usually in the very low eighties with a breeze blowing. It was very nice. It would be sweltering here around D. C., but not there. I've noticed a big change in recent years. The heat and humidity have invaded there much more frequently. I guess it's a sign of the times.
Trusted Contributor

Its been hot here too, though I don't mind the heat. I think the air quality is what is driving me crazy now. I've dealt with it all of my life but lately, I really am tired of it.