Valued Contributor

Re: Reading the biography of Oprah by Kitty Kellys

On 11/25/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 11/24/2014 jaburg said:

I haven't read the book, although I have read some books written by KK. While she certainly isn't adverse to sensationalize, one thing I will say in her defense is that she keeps meticulous records of her sources and has never been successfully sued for libel or been forced to write a retraction. So, there must be some truth to what she writes. Many people in the public eye aren't what they seem.

That is true ..... she doesn't want to be sued, so she sticks to the truth. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Wrong. It's VERY hard to win a slander or libel case which is why the trashy books and mags get away with their gossip and lies all the time. {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Super Contributor

Re: Reading the biography of Oprah by Kitty Kellys

On 11/23/2014 SmittenKitten said:
On 11/22/2014 RainCityGirl said:

Oprah hasn't tried to represent herself as a saint. That lies solely with the media and the fawning public. Of course people try to present their best sides to the public. I'd say on a varying scale that occurs every single day in all our lives. Last time I checked there is NOBODY who doesn't have an opposite side of themselves not everyone sees. People love to hear dirt on those they envy.

Aww, you opened this thread. You must envy Oprah.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Total non sequitur. Either that or you have no reading comprehension. Does your comment also pertain to YOU? You opened the thread, now didn't you?