Respected Contributor

Re: Read only if you are interested in a new warning about the virus

@suzyQ3, I read about this earlier.  They have known  the strain of coronavirus that hit New York came from Europe, but to have more information about it having a higher rate of infectivity is intersting.

Just read about a cluster of 5 patients in New York that experienced a stroke related to covid-19. All were under 50 years of age, the youngest being 33 and none of them having any previous history.  One died, one is still in the hospital, one has been successfully discharged, and 2 are in rehab undergoing physical and speech therapy for deficits related to the stroke.  Strokes occurring in fairly young and previously healthy individuals is something being reported from several different areas in the northeast and in Louisana.  Will be interesting when they have time to compile the data to see if this has occurred or is occurring at this level  in California and Washington.

Also read about the inflammatory response in kids that @KittyLouWho mentioned.  Saw an interview with a pediatrician I think in Chicago that talked about 3 adolescents he was taking care of in the ICU there.  Sobering, indeed.

This disease is turning out to be anything but a garden variety of influenza and is sobering for what they are learning.  It is very interesting as to what they are learning about this virus.  And glad they are learning, but so many other questions..................................................... 

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

an@beach-mom wrote:

@Patriot3 wrote:

I think we're all going to be insane when/if this is over with.  I still say this is WW3!!!  Germs instead of bullets..........

@Patriot3 - No doubt. WWIII.

I still wonder why they were working on bats at the Wuhan lab. I told DH last night it must have been germ warfare, no matter what happened, and whether or not it was an accident. Can you imagine what things would be like if this virus had infected just the USA? How many other countries would have helped us.

@beach-mom  @Patriot3 

When This virus, now called COVID19, started being found in the Human population in the Wuhan area of China, It Was already known in bats.  As so many other diseases have, it jumped species. Who knows if we would tell the world if something similar happened here?

So, they were testing the BATS in their labs, and subsequently trying to find how it was transmitted, and then also looking for a human cure.  NO secret here, Nothing sinister about it them looking at it, nothing indicates that it was a manmade disease.

Just as with :

Swine Flu -

MERS - Bat,Camel 

HIV - Monkeys 

SARS COVID - Bat, Pangolin, Civit, 

HINI - Birds

EBOLI - Bush Meat 

The more humans encroach/ involve with wild animals, the more this will happen.  If it escaped the labs while they were studying the bats, and / or looking for a cure, there is NO PROOF it was intentional - ONLY speculation.

To imply that it was Intentionally leaked out and directed towards the public would be inflammatory.

Sad that we were not prepared for a Global Pandemic as we should have been, and Sad we did not make use of the advance notice we did have.

Once the USA had Many loyal allies, who would have gladly helped us...

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Regular Contributor

@DrytheThe US still has many loyal allies who are currently busy with this world-wide pandemic themselves.  Your innuendo and revisionist history of this virus is what is inflammatory! 

Honored Contributor

@Drythe and others: I'm sorry. I never meant to say this virus got out intentionally. I was just speculating on what was going on in the lab.

I didn't know much about the labs. DH has attended meetings and has done a lot of research as it pertains to animals. He told me the two labs in Wuhan are the main virology labs. They do research on coronaviruses in bats. One of the world's best bat experts works there. DH thinks the virus escaped accidentally, and the government tried to cover it up. Some think it was the wet market; some think it was the lab. Who knows? I have heard Patient Zero worked at the lab. IDK if they have proved that. Will the Chinese government ever tell us the truth? I don't think so. 

The rest of my post about the "what if" we were the only country to be going through this was pure conjecture on my part. It didn't happen. I just started to think it COULD happen, especially if terrorists get their hands on something like this. 

When I told DH last night I thought it could be germ warfare and got no response, that shows you how much he pays attention to what I say sometimes. He was probably on his tablet! Smiley Wink

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@BadWolf wrote:

@DrytheThe US still has many loyal allies who are currently busy with this world-wide pandemic themselves.  Your innuendo and revisionist history of this virus is what is inflammatory! 

The same could be said of your statement.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Trusted Contributor

What angers me is the world has known for a LONG time that this virus and those before it have originated in China's wet markets. It's an issue and yet....they are allowed to stay open. Doesn't matter that they play a part in the slaughter of rare, endangered species; doesn't matter that the issue of bacteria is a constant; doesn't matter that people DIE because of the "turn the eye" mentality of law enforcement in China; they are open and are allowed to be open because it's tradition and China is not known to care about human or animal rights in any way.

Yet the rest of the world ignores this fact and it's BUSINESS as usual with this country. At what point will the world hold China responsible for keeping the wet markets open thereby allowing another virus to originate? When 50% of the world population is wiped out? 75%? Or will it be wehn the super rich of the world finally feel it in THEIR wallets?

I'm so fed up with this ******; SO fed up. Especially when you KNOW the same cesspools are the places these viruses originated.

"Coming to ya from Florida"