Honored Contributor

Re: Reaction to WalMart increasing sales of American Made items?

On 2/9/2014 Moonlady said:

Anything that encourages more manufacturing here is a good thing.

D/P

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2014 mgm2 said:

okaaaaaaaaaaay, talk about the messenger rather than comprehend the message. Got it!

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Super Contributor

biancardi

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/9/2014 ROMARY said:

Yippy-YI-Yay!! I recall long ago when WalMart had circular racks with signs on top of each circular rack: "Proudly Made in USA". What a wonderful company to be the first of all major stores to be proud enough to display USA items!!

Are you aware that a small percentage of an item can be made of American materials and the rest by a foreign country, assembled in foreign sweat shops and still be labeled "Proudly Made in the USA" ?

Remember Tom DeLay ( and cronies ) and the slave labor scandal in the Marianas ?

Respected Contributor

On 2/9/2014 SydneyH said:
On 2/9/2014 biancardi said:

no, it isn't "shared" by many here in this community. Only a few have that opinion and they were on full force this morning attacking her (and I would not be surprised if those "posters" have a few alternate nics). It is below you to even stoop to that level of getting personal - that nah-nah-nah-nah no one likes you comment. Good gawd, aren't we old enough not to resort to that?

there is no supposed facts here. They are the facts. Believe me, no one, including you, has not posted a few dismissive, smug and awful tones in their posts. I have read them from you here.

don't get all preachy here, syd. It doesn't suit you. You don't like it when someone shuts down your POV and yet, here you are, doing that to terrier. It isn't the first time I've seen you do this.

If you disagree with her comments, then post a logical rebuttal. She was pointing out a KNOWN FACT about Walmart's business practices. If you support their business practices, then you also support paying more in SNAP and other government programs. You cannot separate one from the other. It is that simple.

Yes it is and has been posted here this very night and I will share my viewpoint whenever I feel the need thank you very much. People are for some reason a little scared to go against the grain, however me not so much. I don't have to coddle Terriers' constant barrage, I'll leave that to others. Also, I will not allow you to attempt to 'shame' me from sharing............it's a waste of your time just so you know.

Good for you Syd, good for you!

Super Contributor

I loved the ABC News stories a few years back where they focus on American made products. Somewhere in the country, a house was built and furnished by everything made here.

Lila Belle brings up a good points about labeling. Anyone remember the food items being produced here, sent to China for a few refinements and packaging?

Valued Contributor

will target be following suit?

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Super Contributor

One of our local supermarkets has locally grown produce.

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/9/2014 mgm2 said:

One of our local supermarkets has locally grown produce.

It's all relative !

Honored Contributor

On 2/9/2014 evelomaddict said:

will target be following suit?

To my knowledge Target does not have the same complaints that Wal Mart has.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson