Regular Contributor

Re: Reaction to WalMart increasing sales of American Made items?

This might sound dorky at this point, but I actually feel privileged to be able to read so many well-thought out comments from what I think is a good cross-section of the country. I know many of you or yours have worked in all areas too. I just still feel patriotic and basically love this great place we call home. I don't know if we'll recover any of the economic splendor of the past (I second Gardenman's well said praises from everybody)....I don't even know what will help anymore, where to spend my dollars, or if it will matter. I wonder what the Next America will be like....
Honored Contributor

Bathina and Lion.........Yes, very true. Let's not forget that when the middle is gone, the upper just might not want to pay for everyone else. Just sayin'............

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Trusted Contributor

Window dressing?

I've been going there to specifically BUY American-made products all along. There are plenty of vendors that exist due to Wal Mart buying their products, and I like to support them whenever I can.

Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Respected Contributor

Well in the area I live we have a big WalMart, Bottom Dollar, Aldi's, all the parking lots are full and people are in all three of these stores. We are in them also. They are all within the same plaza.

Valued Contributor

i like walmart. the workers at the stores i visit are always so nice and helpful.

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Respected Contributor

My cousin has worked for our WalMart since they opened she loves her job. All the people who work at ours are kind well mannered it is a nice place to shop. Our big complaint is even though the parking lot is huge there is never a place to park. My one neighbor will not shop there but that is his choice. he just complains it always busy and plus it is a huge store to walk around.

Super Contributor

I look for Made in America.