Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Memorials On Car Windows - sorry it offends you

@doodles76, you wrote:  We continue this to perhaps save someone else's life. It is a dangerous road. If it can remind people to slow down and be more careful, we will have accomplished something.

Although not likely your son's roadside memorial I can assure you that I do not pass one without reminding myself to pay attention and be careful as I check my speed.

Know that at least some drivers do get the message.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

I am so sorry for all who have lost a precious child. My heart breaks for you.They are never forgotten in your hearts.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I don't think the OP of that thread even considered how hurtful her words could be. I hope she reads this thread and learns a little from it. I don't think any of us truly intend harm. We're just thougthless sometimes.

I'm sorry you were hurt, @doodles76, and even more sorry for your great loss.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

I am so very sorry to hear of the loss of your dear son.  As a mom of two and GM of two, I can’t imagine the pain you go through every single day.  Just ignore comments about the 

window.  People just drone on sometimes about meaningless

complaints, but I am sure the vast majority would feel badly about hurting your feelings.  Sorry this added to your pain.

Respected Contributor

@doodles76  As with others I can not imagine how you feel but so sorry that posters were so insensitive to your loss. Yes, you have the right to grieve the way you need  and want to. I sense your hurt and anger and rightfully so. Losing a young son or daughter has to be the worst pain. I am so sorry that so many were plain rude and uncaring.  I am sure your loss is on your mind continually.  Thankyou for taking the time to express your feelings. It is far too easy to find fault and try interject their opinions not full knowing your personal heartache. I am sorry for your loss.

Honored Contributor

If that is what one wants to do,i see nothing wrong with it.Heart

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.