Honored Contributor

Re: Memorials On Car Windows - sorry it offends you

@doodles76 I am so very sorry for the loss you and your family have suffered. My DS and DIL's younger daughter died from cancer at age 10. It's something you never forget. Like they say, they don't get over it they just deal with it day by day.

I have seen those window memorials and all I ever think is how sad it is for the family.

Trusted Contributor

I have to drive up a dangerous and winding hill road almost every day.  I pass many memorials on the trees and every time I say a prayer for their families.

My heart goes out to you.

Respected Contributor

There are times when some people should NOT express their opinion. This is one of them. 

I am so very sorry for your loss. 

Honored Contributor

I'm so terribly sorry for your loss, but there is no reason to attack others.

I know that when I saw the other thread it was about people who were covering their entire back windshield with stuff and I did remark that I have no judgment on how they grieve but did hope that they could see through the back window with it covered like that.

I don't think anybody meant you or anybody else ill-will.

Best wishes.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@icezeus wrote:

You do not need to apologize.

Sorry for your loss. 

I am so glad that I did not see the ridiculous post criticising people for how they choose to memorialize their loved one. 

@icezeus 

I so agree.

Case in point are the threads honoring an American hero giving his life to protect his country (I don't care who, where or why, he gave his LIFE!)

Some people just insist on posting comments (political usually) to get the thread taken down or locked, even though they KNOW full well that their comments violate the Community Standards.

Sad really, I hope they enjoy the never ending host complaint/shipping delay threads that they'll be left with.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

First, I extend my condolences on the worst loss any parent can suffer. My niece died last summer and my brother and sister in law will never be the same. Grief is a very personal thing. There is no right or wrong way to mourn. And no one has the right to judge how to grieve. That is just wrong...and nuts.

Honored Contributor

@doodles76 

I'm so sorry if you encountered any ill posts.

When I see memorials, I am sad for that moment and wish the driver well.

We lost our 19 year old a month after Christmas in a one car accident.  He may have been avoiding an animal from the looks of things.  

Some things never leave us.  If your sticker gives you peace, use it.

Contributor

My heartfelt condolences on the loss of your precious,  beloved son.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@icezeus wrote:

You do not need to apologize.

Sorry for your loss. 

I am so glad that I did not see the ridiculous post criticising people for how they choose to memorialize their loved one. 

@icezeus 

I so agree.

Case in point are the threads honoring an American hero giving his life to protect his country (I don't care who, where or why, he gave his LIFE!)

Some people just insist on posting comments (political usually) to get the thread taken down or locked, even though they KNOW full well that their comments violate the Community Standards.

Sad really, I hope they enjoy the never ending host complaint/shipping delay threads that they'll be left with.

@KingstonsMom, sometimes it seems that posters come on to a thread with which they disagree solely to bait others into making political comments.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@doodles76 I am truly sorry for your loss. I already stated my opinion in that previous thread. It's very sad that anyone takes issue with how another person grieves. Walk a mile in someone else's shoes.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"