Respected Contributor

Thanks for all the animal photos.

I love the white squirrel. We live in the city near Lake Ontario in upstate NY. We have mostly black squirrels and some grey squirrels. We have red squirrels that are small and almost look like a little bigger chipmunk. They are mean and go after the other squirrels babies. I see more animals here in the city than I did living in the country. This forum has been a relaxing one. Nice.

Honored Contributor

My uncle was a hunter and told us they don't live long in the wild - they are easy targets. He never shot a white deer, but always let them go.

Respected Contributor

@terrier3 wrote:

My uncle was a hunter and told us they don't live long in the wild - they are easy targets. He never shot a white deer, but always let them go.

Thats so sad. They can't hide. 😟

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Trusted Contributor

@Brinklii wrote:

@Toppers wrote:

@Brinklii wrote:

@butterfly123 ... That sounds just gorgeous! I hope they can preserve the white deer. It says they are not albinos... just a mutation.

Nature does beautiful things. We feed the animals that come to our yard. We have some squirrels with blonde tails. That, too, was a mutation about 10 years ago.

Hi @Yardlie!

I bet that would really be interesting to see. Smiley Happy

Do you have any black squirrels up your way?

I've read that they're actually a mutation of gray squirrels. 

Hi @Toppers ... I didn't know you were from Wisconsin too! I've heard of black squirrels, but I've never seen one. I'll bet they are adorable. I'd probably think it was a kitty at first. This is the first year we have had the gray squirrels with blonde tails. I know we have two of them that come into the yard. Very cute!

Hi @Yardlie,

I'm farther south of you. 

We like the northern end of the state, though. It's so very beautiful. 

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

They are all beautiful.