Honored Contributor

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Respected Contributor

@butterfly123 ... That sounds just gorgeous! I hope they can preserve the white deer. It says they are not albinos... just a mutation.

Nature does beautiful things. We feed the animals that come to our yard. We have some squirrels with blonde tails. That, too, was a mutation about 10 years ago.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Honored Contributor

Wow!  So beautiful.  Thanks for sharing this story.  I snagged that pic and hope to find more pics of them.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Wonderful!

Honored Contributor

@Brinklii wrote:

@butterfly123 ... That sounds just gorgeous! I hope they can preserve the white deer. It says they are not albinos... just a mutation.

Nature does beautiful things. We feed the animals that come to our yard. We have some squirrels with blonde tails. That, too, was a mutation about 10 years ago.

@Yardlie,

Squirrels with blonde tails?! Oh I bet that is something to see. We had some all-white squirrels, not albino, in my neighborhood for a while. Since they were so visible, they were a target, sadly so.

Respected Contributor

Re: Rare White Deer

[ Edited ]

image.jpegBeautiful white deer photo you posted with the article.

I was traveling on a highway coming home about two years ago and saw a black deer. At first I thought it was a small horse or dog. My daughter was with me and agreed it was a black deer. Our relatives are hunters and they knew there are some but never saw them. I had no cameras with me to take a photo. Ther is a couple of articles online. A man in Texas took some photos. I am posting one that I found. The black deer is what I saw in upstate New York. I have never seen one before or since.

Honored Contributor

I love seeing unusual animals like the white and black deer. Thanks to all for sharing the pics.

Respected Contributor

We had one in our neighborhood in NC.  I almost ran the car off the road looking at him.  I never knew they existed.  

Super Contributor

Oh, how beautiful, thanks for posting. I was surprised to see a black deer, thanks to you too for posting.