Honored Contributor

Re: Rant--Modeling Black Clothes

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I agree...and I especially hate it when they have a scarf on the model that covers detail...

@Nataliesgramma

I think we can safely assume that there's  "a problem" with the neckline if they are covering it up.

Respected Contributor

It's really a waste of time for me to watch any clothig item being featured in black - or any other very dark color.  I don't think I've ever bought anything where  I didn't get to see details in a lighter shade.  The only exception would be a black dress where I could see the necklline clearly.

The second thing that I dislike intensely is the models with very long hair who pull it over one of both sides of the neckline. Please pull it up or push it back or whatever it takes to reveal the neckline fully when modeling.  And don't cover the necklines with either scarves or excessive jewelry.

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

Agree 100%.  I'll also inlcude on line photos of clothes -- it just looks like a black blob.  This is another example of Q's general sloppiness, IMO.

@Peaches McPhee  I think the hosts are aware that we can not see the details on black garments.  I often hear them comment to that effect, then substitute a lighter colored item for demonstration purposes.  I can't recall an occasion when a host did her description on a black item.  As usual, there's a lot of exaggeration on this thread.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

A lot of women love to wear black, but I honestly don't think it looks good on very many of them, especially head-to-toe black.  I've never been very fond of it, but many women feel that it's slimming.  IMO, it just does nothing for a woman's skintone.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James