Valued Contributor

Re: Rant 💇‍♀️

Its stated  now "don't let the door hit you, where the good Lord split ya"

I don't know, 22 plus for 2 burgers,,,thats a bit much..

Frequent Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'll just say one more thing on this subject .  Over the years my stylist and I have become friendly, and today when it was just the two of us in the room ( witho naming names ) she told be some customer stories. Let me just say I would not have done well in customer service , and I'm a peaceful non confrontational 

human. 

IMO it is unprofessional for your stylist to tell you stories of other customers. If she tells you about them she will talk to them about you.

Also not very nice of her to tell the customer to try another salon. You would not be happy if you complained about food and the restaurant told you to try another one.

@Iwantcoffee , First no names were mentioned and second you did not hear the rude, entitled customer. If I spoke to a business owner like that I would not be surprised  by her suggestions, which by the way were much nicer than what she deserved. If the customer is behaving like a rude, entitled , @#$&  , they get what they deserve. The customer is not always right. What is wrong with you ?

@QVCkitty1    @Iwantcoffee just stated her opinion.  "What is wrong with you?" Is what you put when someone doesn't agree with your post?

Honored Contributor

@BarbieDollToo wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@Iwantcoffee wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'll just say one more thing on this subject .  Over the years my stylist and I have become friendly, and today when it was just the two of us in the room ( witho naming names ) she told be some customer stories. Let me just say I would not have done well in customer service , and I'm a peaceful non confrontational 

human. 

IMO it is unprofessional for your stylist to tell you stories of other customers. If she tells you about them she will talk to them about you.

Also not very nice of her to tell the customer to try another salon. You would not be happy if you complained about food and the restaurant told you to try another one.

@Iwantcoffee , First no names were mentioned and second you did not hear the rude, entitled customer. If I spoke to a business owner like that I would not be surprised  by her suggestions, which by the way were much nicer than what she deserved. If the customer is behaving like a rude, entitled , @#$&  , they get what they deserve. The customer is not always right. What is wrong with you ?

@QVCkitty1    @Iwantcoffee just stated her opinion.  "What is wrong with you?" Is what you put when someone doesn't agree with your post?

@BarbieDollToo , Yes, when I think the opinion is unsupportable, and that is my opinion. I was there, I know what happened , she did not. I stand by my answer.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

If it were my client and she went off like that, I would suggest she try another salon....then pop the champagne cork when she left! 

Honored Contributor

And the stylist doesn't have to accept any future appointments for this customer.  Problem solved.

Let's see what the rude customer finds elsewhere.  She may regret ranting over a pittance of an increase.  (I would've expected at least $5.)

The company that does our trash removal just sent out a letter last month saying the monthly cost would go up by $5.  The first increase they've done in over 22 years.  Did I rant at them about it?  Not in this lifetime.  They're reliable and still a bargain.  Things just cost more!

Super Contributor

@QVCkitty1 , while I agree the original customer your described was totally out of reality, and rude, I also feel that your hairdresser should not be gossiping about her other clients.  I would feel somewhat vulnerable if she willingly told you about others - even if no names were ever mentioned.  Why would she do that, and are you included in how she tells other customers about her client tales?  Kind of creepy.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think your stylist was very reasonable. I would have had no qualms with that increase. The stylist I used to go to charged for a haircut, root touch up plus  the amount of product which was used. Every time the costs would go up. I would question the pricing and complained to my stylist but nothing changed. I have moved out of that area and would have stopped going if I had not moved. I understand costs going up but it was the lack of consistency.

Honored Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 , while I agree the original customer your described was totally out of reality, and rude, I also feel that your hairdresser should not be gossiping about her other clients.  I would feel somewhat vulnerable if she willingly told you about others - even if no names were ever mentioned.  Why would she do that, and are you included in how she tells other customers about her client tales?  Kind of creepy.

@new nickname 4 , People are allowed to blow off steam when they've had enough. I have no problem with her actions and to call it creepy is ridiculous. Again, you like the other poster do not know this person so your opinion means less than nothing to me. If that offends you, sorry, I'm done responding to this nonsense.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

Ive gone to the same stylist for awhile, she's on a list of one of the best colorist in the U.S. I told her with the increase in cost of hair salon supplies and her rent/lease for her shop certainly also went up along with utilities etc,  I would certainly understand if her prices increased for her stylist services,  but she said since I was long time customer and she appreciated my business, my price would remain the same---I gave her extra in her tip and will continue to do that because I appreciate her kindness to loyal customers.......

You are very lucky to have found such a great and caring stylist.

Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1
You’re lucky that your hairdresser only went up $2.
Mine went up $50. Was I a bit shocked? Sort of, but I know that she has to pay rent, supplies and all of the rest. She seems to kind of wing it when it comes to her fee, so I never know what it will be month to month. I’ve never mentioned the raise in her fees and I won’t because I really don’t care as long as she continues to does a great job on my hair.