Honored Contributor

@amyb wrote:

@SeaMaiden Oh ok...hm...not sure it was "streamlined" after I cancelled first EP order and made Full pay second. LOL sigh. I might try again. tks. All this for about 3.50, lol. But...every little bit. 

OK! Updated: Cancelled 2nd order, ordered a 3rd time, straight from Rakuten to QVC; nowhere in between, Done! Now...we'll see...... Thanks again.

@amyb      Those $3.50 etc add up over all of your sales... I get nice fat checks and you will too. At first it seems confusing but gets easier each time.  I always check the three main sites each time I  am going to buy something to see who has the best deal... Topcashback, rakuken, and MrRebates...between those three sites I have gotten well over a thousand dollars back in rebates since I started using them on what I was buying and when they had a rebate.

Respected Contributor

BEWARE:  

When using Rakuten and you have a problem ordering on the desired website, if you have the vendor's customer service agent complete your order, you will NOT get the Rakuten Cashback.

I luckily asked the service rep if the cashback offer from Rakuten will still be valid.  

When she said no, I had her void the order.  Then I logged back into Rakuten and onto the vendor website to place the order on my own from start to finish.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@amyb wrote:

@SeaMaiden Oh ok...hm...not sure it was "streamlined" after I cancelled first EP order and made Full pay second. LOL sigh. I might try again. tks. All this for about 3.50, lol. But...every little bit. 

OK! Updated: Cancelled 2nd order, ordered a 3rd time, straight from Rakuten to QVC; nowhere in between, Done! Now...we'll see...... Thanks again.

@amyb      Those $3.50 etc add up over all of your sales... I get nice fat checks and you will too. At first it seems confusing but gets easier each time.  I always check the three main sites each time I  am going to buy something to see who has the best deal... Topcashback, rakuken, and MrRebates...between those three sites I have gotten well over a thousand dollars back in rebates since I started using them on what I was buying and when they had a rebate.

@SeaMaiden Oh I know...almost typed that too...I'm a big believer in every bit counts. Wow 1k sure counts! I was just being a little facetious as I stumbled along trying to get it right.

As my dear old mom used to say.."Hey, every bit counts; better in my pocket than theirs!" 😄 😉 Tks again for all your help. And, for telling me about the other two sites...I'd heard of Rakuten but never bothered to check it out, and didn't know of the others. Now that I'm shopping more online than ever before, definitely will use them!

Contributor

Before I purchase ANYTHING on line, I always check out the following website:

Cashbackmonitor.com

It tracks all the rebate sites as well as the airline mileage reward programs so I am sure to get the best deal possible. It is a great website and lists every store that participates in some type of rebate program.

It may take some time to get accustomed to, but it pays in the end - I use Rakuten to accumulate Amex membership reward points and last year alone collected over 50K in points, worth about $1,000.

On the rakuten site for QVC it states free shipping all day - I guess they are jumping the gun and tomorrow will be free shipping day.

Honored Contributor

I also use Be Frugal and Extrabux, I check all of them before I order, go with which of the 5 have the best percentage. Sometimes Top Cashback offers an extra incentive like an addl $2.50 to $3 back. Usually over a weekend and only valid for one purchase. . 

Respected Contributor

Btw @SeaMaiden ...got an email confirmation on my order cash back from Rakuten this morning!

Actually, they sent two..(and one I've cancelled, so they'll probably adjust that)...I had cancelled it thinking I hadn't done a "streamlined purchase" as you advised on it, but apparently I had.

Well...I'll be using Rakuten now more often as well as the other rebate sites.

Also, just happened to see this on Shea Whitney's YT channel yesterday...on how to save money online...(I have to rewatch it but) something about when you Google an item, look on the Google bar for I think it was a comparison shop thing, where it brought up all outlets and who had best pricing.

And last...while I'm on this "how to save" topic...I also learned on her YT yesterday, something I'd always overlooked on Amazon "click on coupon" ....I think if I saw that before I thought it was for someone who HAD a coupon to add to their order, but there are actually coupons on particular items offered, if you click on you get the discount. I realize you all probably already know this, but I'm new to all this online ways to save! Why it took me so long, I haven't a clue! 🤷‍♀️

These days, I'm decluttering, being very selective on what I want and/or need to bring into my wardrobe or home...and looking to buy as smartly as possible. I always have been that shopper, but really wanting to do that now because there are just SO many ways you can waste your hard earned money while not paying attention.

Honored Contributor

I love using Rakuten and @SeaMaiden @has done a good job explaining how to order.  Just go to Rakuten first then search for the retailer you want to buy from and enter through Rakuten.

I placed a $133 order at Macy's yesterday and will be getting $13.30 cash back from it.  I'm thrilled. 

I got a $50+ Check from them last month and already have over $60 in my account toward my next check in November.  I'll gladly take it.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I love using Rakuten and @SeaMaiden @has done a good job explaining how to order.  Just go to Rakuten first then search for the retailer you want to buy from and enter through Rakuten.

I placed a $133 order at Macy's yesterday and will be getting $13.30 cash back from it.  I'm thrilled. 

I got a $50+ Check from them last month and already have over $60 in my account toward my next check in November.  I'll gladly take it.

@gidgetgh   I call it FREE MONEY.  Too good to be true!