Honored Contributor

Re: Raise your hand if you bought Girl Scout cookies this weekend.

I ordered a few from my great niece and from a friend's daughter. I am waiting for mine to be delivered. I like Tagalongs the best. My DH likes the Do-Si-Dos. When I was a GS they cost 50 cents a box!

Respected Contributor

We were supposed to go door to door and NOT pre-sell the cookies to neighbors ahead of time, as that was not cricket. So, out I went and found out, after walking miles. that a girl up the street whom I knew had reserved all the houses anyway. "Sorry, I promised Candy!" "I'm buying them from Candy." Grrr.  So I sold three boxes and my mom had to go pick them up and she was annoyed at the errand out of her way, for three boxes and I was annoyed when little Miss Rules-Don't-Matter got the award for most boxes sold. 

Now, the guy in the neighborhood whose girls are in GS goes door-to-door with them, often on the COLDEST day. The rest I guess put up a sign in a break room or stand by the grocery store. If I buy them, I buy from the guy and his daughters on the cold day.

They don't have my fave anymore here--the lemon Chalet sandwichs with a ginger cookie base and lemon creme. Delicious. They got very tiny, then they disappeared altogether before they turned into aspirins. 

Honored Contributor

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

I bought 5 boxes from my friend's daughter, and left them with the troop.  They have to programs to donate the cookies to, one is cookies for troops and the other donates to a battered womens shelter.  I love that I can support the scouts and give the cookies to people who need them more than I do!

I never take the cookies either- just give them money for several boxes and tell them to donate them to others. They said what you posted- that they actually have a box of tons of cookies they send to the troops because there are quite a few people who do what I do and give them the money but don't take the cookies. I thought that was an excellent idea and glad to hear they are going to our troops, giving them a little piece of home! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

I bought 5 boxes from my friend's daughter, and left them with the troop.  They have to programs to donate the cookies to, one is cookies for troops and the other donates to a battered womens shelter.  I love that I can support the scouts and give the cookies to people who need them more than I do!

I never take the cookies either- just give them money for several boxes and tell them to donate them to others. They said what you posted- that they actually have a box of tons of cookies they send to the troops because there are quite a few people who do what I do and give them the money but don't take the cookies. I thought that was an excellent idea and glad to hear they are going to our troops, giving them a little piece of home! Smiley Happy

@HappyDaze  Well I always take mine, lol 😜

Honored Contributor

I don't buy any cookies so I don't buy Girl Scout cookies. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Reba055 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@HappyDaze  Well I always take mine, lol 😜

lol well enjoy your cookies, @Reba055 Smiley Wink

(love me some Cookie Monster!!)

Trusted Contributor

I was a Brownie and a Girl Scout, and yes, count me in as a purchaser.

I will save them all for my son and daughter-in-law because they have

more control than I do.  I could eat an enitre box.

Think mints, Samoas, and the shortbread--  I'll be in line to buy.

Esteemed Contributor

Thin Mints !
I've got mine !!!
Esteemed Contributor

I haven't seen any Scouts selling cookies as yet....when I do I will be sure to buy the peanut butter ...the peanut butter surrounded in chocolate....they still sell those don't they....

Regular Contributor

I'm SO excited for 19 Feb as that is when they go on sale in our community. I'm a Trefoil fan (so good with morning coffee) and my son is a Tagalog fan so we will be buying several boxes. I also plan to get a few boxes of each to take to work.