Honored Contributor

Rain, thunder, lightening - Oh my!

In inland southern CA. My cat is hiding under the bed.
Honored Contributor

Re: Rain, thunder, lightening - Oh my!

Screwy weather.  I am in the PNW - sunny and warm.  

Honored Contributor

Getting snow in the local mountains. 😂
Honored Contributor

Yesterday 5/21 is was nearly 50 and cloudy; some rain and thunderstorms late.  Today 5/22 sunny, beautiful in low 80's with a light breeze (it doesn't get much better than this).  This is Chicago and surrounding areas.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@bikerbabe wrote:
In inland southern CA. My cat is hiding under the bed.

@bikerbabe, I don't have a cat and live at the beach in SoCal but yeah, wow. Amazing spring weather, isn't it? It's great for our water supply, that's for sure.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 Oh how I miss So. Cal. My son and family live in Redondo Beach and we lived inTorrance most of our lives. He graduated from West High and later got married (much later!) and moved to R.B.

After my DH died I moved to WA state to live with sis and BIL and oh how I miss my beloved South Bay! I always enjoy seeing someone posting that they are in California.

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

@suzyQ3 Oh how I miss So. Cal. My son and family live in Redondo Beach and we lived inTorrance most of our lives. He graduated from West High and later got married (much later!) and moved to R.B.

After my DH died I moved to WA state to live with sis and BIL and oh how I miss my beloved South Bay! I always enjoy seeing someone posting that they are in California.

@Love my grandkids, you can always count on this SoCal booster! Especially for the Beach Cities.

I would not mind living in your state, for sure. So different and so beautiful.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

I'm in Oxnard, southern Calif. I was expecting lots of rain last week - and it barely registered. I think it rained in other areas - still waiting. Yesterday and today - very windy.

Esteemed Contributor

I am east of la but no thunder yet just some rain. Lived my early years in Minnesota and heard thunder and seen lightening enough. scary.

Respected Contributor

here in San Fernando Valley we had much much thunder - but no rain or hail.  i see snow falling up in Big Bear - but that's not unusual: there is usually a May snowfall to keep people on their toes up there.  i am just grateful that some areas got precipitation and that our water situation continues to improve.