Honored Contributor

Rain, rain , rain and more rain.

Today is the 13th straight day of rain where I live in SW Florida. Tomorrow they tell us we will be on the east side of the tropical storm that is coming thru and we are expecting at least 4 to 6 " of additional rain, then there is rain in the forcast every day for the next 10 days.Our lanai is a mess - everything needs cleaned up but there is no point right now. Now I understand why someone invented the phrase Rain Rain Go Away. We have a lake in our back yard that is very close to overflowing and probably will if the weather over the weekend is as predicted. It overflows on the other side from where our houses are. I assume they built this side up before they built homes here. Despite that we are all watching it with a very leary eye.

Valued Contributor

Re: Rain, rain , rain and more rain.

I feel your pain!  We live in NE Florida and it's the same here.  Rain, rain and more rain.  We have a step out to our backyard from our covered patio and it's gotten so moldy and slimy that I almost slipped and fell yesterday.  My husband pulled out our power washer but he hasn't been able to get to cleaning it yet because of all the rain.  I don't want to complain because we've been very close to drought conditions here in just the recent past, but this is just a little too much!

Honored Contributor

Yes, central NC and most of the state has been bombarded by thunderstorms the last few weeks. We’ve experienced flash flood warnings, as well. 

All those in FL or in the path of tropical storms forming off the coast, stay safe!!!

Honored Contributor

Rain in Georgia also. Every day. A few days ago, Tuesday I think, we got almost 3 inches in just under an hour. 

They’re predicting rain for us through “at least” the first week of June. 

That tropical thing is going to affect us also. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I killed myself last night trying to cut my jungle of a lawn that grew in four days thanks to our rainfall.  And now the tropical deluge is about to begin. 

I fully expect to high five Noah and the animals as they float by this weekend.  

Honored Contributor

Yes, mother nature doesn't do a very good job of evening things out does she? It's always one extreme or the other. Many of our neighbors haven't bought flood insurance and they are up north now - keep calling us or sending us e mails worrying about the lake flooding. Fortunately it floods on the other side. It has flooded a couple times already since we've lived here, but I suppose some people don't remember that.

Honored Contributor

@151949  I was just thinking about that!  Several years ago we had our worst drought ever and then came hurricane season and we got run over by a few.

Houston had its worst drought going and along came Harvey.  I suppose I should enjoy my puddles.  The return of the Sahara is probably just a summer away.  

Respected Contributor

I wish we could share your rain.  Very, very dry here in Colorado.  Fire danger is high or extreme even in our mountains.

Honored Contributor

Tha last few days in New Jersey have been,

https://thumbs.dreamstime.com/z/cute-sun-illustration-smiling-39734628.jpg

Honored Contributor

Ok, now I feel bad about complaining that our Sunday and holiday will have rain here in NY. Today is warm and sunny!🌻

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan