Honored Contributor

Rain in the south and southeast

It just never stops raining. I'm in Atlanta and we are under a flood watch Again.  They said on the news that Lake Lanier, which is a man made lake northeast of Atlanta, and is the water source for us, has never been this full in its entire history. Over 50 year history. It just never stops. And when it isn't raining, it's gloomy. I feel like the sun never shines anymore. 

They're calling for rain through Thursday. It is raining really heavily right now. We had flooding rains in 2009 in our area and our basement flooded. I am sure hoping that it doesn't flood again.

On the national news they've shown the flooding in Mississippi. It's heartbreaking. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

Re: Rain in the south and southeast

We are supposed to get some rain and cool weather here in Texas....We need the rain....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

I understand how you really feel, because it is coming from where i live most of the time in Texas off the Gulf coast.We are so soak here in southeast Texas, and is suppose to rain everyday but Friday and start all over again on Saturday. I hope you protect everything in your basement. I hope the rain stop soon for you but we here in southeast Texas has a long way to go.

Trusted Contributor

@gidgetgh   I feel ya!  Sitting here watching my back yard fill up like  a swimming pool. There is only so much the ground can absorb.

Honored Contributor

@ladyann45 wrote:

I understand how you really feel, because it is coming from where i live most of the time in Texas off the Gulf coast.We are so soak here in southeast Texas, and is suppose to rain everyday but Friday and start all over again on Saturday. I hope you protect everything in your basement. I hope the rain stop soon for you but we here in southeast Texas has a long way to go.

@ladyann45 - we don't have too much in our basement anymore.  We did a massive clean out in July, 2018.  Our basement is totally unfinished. Most of what we do have down there is up off the floor. If we flood again, the main concern is the furnace. We had to replace it when we flooded in 2009.  If we lose the possessions on the floor down there, it's just less things to clean out one day. We never go down there. I wish we didn't have a basement. 

But I sure don't want us to flood again.  We're 11 years older now and neither one of us is up to cleaning it up. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

we had a pretty mild day today in the baltimore area. i think it hit about 64 degrees. i was driving with the window down!

i think the rain and cooler weather is headed our way beginning overnight tonight.

we have had virtually no snow this year and have been very disappointed.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh I don't know about you but I just keep high fiving Noah and the animals as they float through the yard every hour or so.  It's amazing!

Esteemed Contributor

I feel you pain, @gidgetgh. It is dreary, cloudy and rainy here whether it rains or not. But we have been getting a lot of rain also. 

Surely spring will spout soon. 

Respected Contributor

I know what you mean. We moved to Cherokee County from the coast of southeast GA near Tybee island 2 years ago.  It rains all winter. But come June no rain for months. We have hot dry windy summers. The grass turns brown and the plants have to be watered every day. The climate here leaves much to be desired. But the good thing is we don't have to evacuate fro hurricanes every fall.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@gidgetgh I don't know about you but I just keep high fiving Noah and the animals as they float through the yard every hour or so.  It's amazing!

@Laura14 

Next time they float by, PLEASE remind Noah to grab that pair of Unicorns and hoist them aboard.

I heard they are choosing their representative pair by committee!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras