Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

Good grief is right!  I think we're a bit too paranoid about germs today. When I was little I watched my grandmother make meatloaf and she'd take a big scoop of the raw hamburger--like people do with cookie dough--and eat it!  She lived in an old farmhouse & cooked under less-than-sanitary conditions and she lived to be 100.  

Unfortunately, you would be taking a big risk eating raw commercial beef these days. I would only eat raw hamburger if I raised and slaughtered the animal myself. I had an uncle who ate raw hamburger, but that was in the 50's and he knew the butcher the meat came from.

Respected Contributor

?

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Do all of you who are so offended by hair on cooking shows wear hairnets at home when you cook?

Well, I wasn't one to complain about hair but...when we're making our Christmas pastries to give to others or when I'm cooking for a party, yes I do Man Happy

Respected Contributor

I haven't seen RR in years.  I'd get too grossed out by the HUGE portions she slops on a plate - with all the meat and cheese and bread - good grief - the human body cannot digest all that.

I also don't care for the way she'd talk to her food and make up silly names for them.  To be honest I never noticed the hair thing, but doesn't she wear her wedding rings while she's running her hands thru all the ground beef/pork/veal etc...Yucckkk!!

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

@pigletsmom 

@pigletsmom wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

Good grief is right!  I think we're a bit too paranoid about germs today. When I was little I watched my grandmother make meatloaf and she'd take a big scoop of the raw hamburger--like people do with cookie dough--and eat it!  She lived in an old farmhouse & cooked under less-than-sanitary conditions and she lived to be 100.  

Because it's yummy! I might possibly do this on occasion. Smiley Surprised

I use to eat raw hamburger for years on a soda cracker.   My mom and I would cut up a good steak, raw, onion, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, olive oil, a little wine viniger, refrig. A couple hours and enjoy.  This was back in the 40,s.  Then , years later went to find restaurants that served Steak Tartare

@

Esteemed Contributor

@pigletsmom 

@pigletsmom wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

Because it's yummy! I might possibly do this on occasion. Smiley Surprised

I use to eat raw hamburger for years on a soda cracker.   My mom and I would cut up a good steak, raw, onion, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, olive oil, a little wine viniger, refrig. A couple hours and enjoy.  This was back in the 40,s.  Then , years later went to find restaurants that served Steak Tartare

Respected Contributor

Raphael Ray recipe's have to be laced with salt. And Dr. Oz never mentions that when he's on her show. And I agree with her hair being up while she cooks. But this has gone on for years with her.And all that cheese. She always says "You Can Never Have Enough Cheese" What ???Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

And Woof- Gang wipes his nose in the same cloth he wipes the food off his hand and the plates he serves. Yuck ! I can only watch him just for so long and channel changing I go like a shot.Does anyone think to tell him to stop that.The host usually don't look happy with him.

Respected Contributor

But yes it does matter. 

Respected Contributor

But we do see woof and Raphael .

Respected Contributor

And Raphael should know that, and practice that, she talks about working at""  Howard Johnsons with her Mom. You would think her Mother would steer her right about all this."Remember When " ???