Honored Contributor

I have never been able to hack her. Her cutesy terms, and icky food did nothing for me

I can't stand mustard which she plops in everything..I would never purchase any of her products

Doesn't surprise me one bit @lulu1 

Super Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@sktchy  Whoopi is filming a movie in which she plays a 100 or so year old woman.  That's why her hair has been like that.

Whoopi IS a 100 or so year old woman.  Hard to look at in the best of circumstances.

Respected Contributor

I saw her on The View.  I hadn't seen RR in quite awhile as I don't watch her program, but I thought she looked very cute and has a very nice smile.

I don't njoy the type of foods she serves up, the huge portions and all the meat and cheese and rolls/breads - it makes me feel ill to see it all heaped up high on platters.  I guess that is how most people njoy eating, I personally don't.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Respected Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Whoopi must like the wig since she didn't remove it while filming The View.

I don't think it's a wig. It appears to be a braided style, which would make it impossible to put on and take off at random.

Trusted Contributor

She lost weight while she was having throat problems and she put it back on. I don't think she looks bad in this video.

Curious about the book. I know two of the people who I'd say really helped her are deceased so thanking them before now would have better I suppose.

Respected Contributor

@lulu1: just read your post from yesterday and had to let you know I have heard this response from several people I know that have based their trips around going to her show. Too bad...

Respected Contributor

Touché  @Bridgegal   

Trusted Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

Quite a few years ago, my SIL, her daughter and I attended RR's show. I've attended quite a few talk shows. This was more than a bit unpleasant. During breaks, RR could be heard hollering at her staff.

My SIL was chosen for a makeover. The commercial break before the unveiling, RR came backstage to see the makeovers. My SIL heard her say after she saw her, ''anything would have been an improvement.''

At every talk show I attended, the host chatted with the audience either during breaks or when the audience exited. RR did neither.

She's a nasty person to work with, too.  No secret. 

P.S. Another one who is horrible is Ellen DeGeneres. Another industry open secret

Esteemed Contributor

@ILTH wrote:

@lulu1 wrote:

Quite a few years ago, my SIL, her daughter and I attended RR's show. I've attended quite a few talk shows. This was more than a bit unpleasant. During breaks, RR could be heard hollering at her staff.

My SIL was chosen for a makeover. The commercial break before the unveiling, RR came backstage to see the makeovers. My SIL heard her say after she saw her, ''anything would have been an improvement.''

At every talk show I attended, the host chatted with the audience either during breaks or when the audience exited. RR did neither.

She's a nasty person to work with, too.  No secret. 

P.S. Another one who is horrible is Ellen DeGeneres. Another industry open secret

Yep I have already told my story of Ellen last year here from my security guard friend. People called me a liar.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

Re: Rachael Ray?

[ Edited ]

Rachel Ray's 30-Minute Meals (which never included prep work time lol) was a good start for people who were just learning to cook or looking for easy recipes.  She had a down-home way about her and I think many younger folks identified with her youth.

For me, I never considered her recipes anything all that original; in fact I would look at some of what she was making and think "Did she look in my recipe box and copy me?"

She always said that she was a "cook" and not a "chef" so I look at her the same way I look at Valerie Bertinelli-nothing exciting about what they make but easy does it for the inexperienced cook.

She has great success, regardless of whether people like her or her food. 

She seems happy and has a solid marriage.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh