Valued Contributor

Just another thread started to bash Rachel Ray,

I don't remember Julia childs way back in the day cooking with a hairnet on. Martha Stewart also did a lot of cooking on her shows and never wore a hairnet.

The little old Italian ladies that use to make sauce all day long for the big street festivals never wore hairnets and they cooked in school kitches, on the street, wherever there was fire and I would never worry about eating their delicious food,

People have just become so critical of everything these days. 

Esteemed Contributor

Why do people watch if  it disgusts them so much? So they can start a thread about it?Woman LOLWoman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I like Rachael because she so much for animals. I don't have time to

watch her show as I am not into cooking. I feed my dog her pet food.

Trusted Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

@pigletsmom 

@pigletsmom wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

Good grief is right!  I think we're a bit too paranoid about germs today. When I was little I watched my grandmother make meatloaf and she'd take a big scoop of the raw hamburger--like people do with cookie dough--and eat it!  She lived in an old farmhouse & cooked under less-than-sanitary conditions and she lived to be 100.  

Because it's yummy! I might possibly do this on occasion. Smiley Surprised

I use to eat raw hamburger for years on a soda cracker.   My mom and I would cut up a good steak, raw, onion, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, olive oil, a little wine viniger, refrig. A couple hours and enjoy.  This was back in the 40,s.  Then , years later went to find restaurants that served Steak Tartare

@qvcaddition My Mom used to watch me eat the stuff as she was making meatballs or whatever and now she yells at me about it! I don't buy ground beef a lot but when I do I make patties to put in the freezer and I still nad a little bit. Honestly I eat my hamburgers very rare so I don't see much difference. Something's going to kill me, it might as well be food I enjoy. If it's not that it will be the lasagna!

Trusted Contributor

OMG we used to eat raw hamburger, too!  It was delicious - add a bit of salt - just perfect.  I have no problem with Rachael.  Whether she was cooking for her show, a Q demonstration or her own dinner table, she is fine.  I must admit, too, that I think her magazine is the best food one out there.  The food looks delicious. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@pattypeep wrote:

@SeaMaiden et al: I don't/can't watch RR, but happened to stop when she was on with David (who I adore) last night. Her constant interrupting and screaming seemed not only to annoy me, but the look on David's face told me he was annoyed as well. Why does QVC allow vendors to act like that?

@pattypeep   If you watch her TV show... she does the same thing with her guests on the show.... she appears to be a very bossy and overwhelming personality. 

Absolutely.

I have a friend who was a guest on her show, and was treated horribly by her.

I've heard other stories about her too, and I know she is not well-liked by many people who have worked with her. 

Honored Contributor

I don't watch RR because I don't care for her. Haven't since I saw her years ago. Can't tell you why, I just don't. 

That is all.

Honored Contributor

I never could stand her. She tried to pass mustard off as a seasoning ,rather that an condiment, She used to make up stupid names like *stewp* for  dishes

I never ever saw her make anything, I would eat

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I never could stand her. She tried to pass mustard off as a seasoning ,rather that an condiment, She used to make up stupid names like *stewp* for  dishes

I'm not a fan of the "cutsie" names either.

Respected Contributor

If you think that RR is slovenly with poor hygiene, see her with her husband on with her..........the two of them together are a nightmare !!!