Honored Contributor

RUTH BADER GINSBURG'S TOMBSTONE REVEALED

[ Edited ]

There is a photo of Ruth Bader Ginsburg's tombstone in the NY Post.  It has the seal of tge U.S. Supreme Court on it and mentions she was an associate justice of the court with her dates of service.

In the Jewish religion, stone settings and the accompanying ceremony take place on the one year anniversary of a person's death. She died on Sept 18th of last year. It looks like it's a shared tombstone with her husband Martin's but TMZ says it rests beneath his so maybe they are separate. In any event, it's very nice.

ETA: There is also a photo at TMZ and it looks to me like one tombstone for both people. But Martin died first so maybe it is two joined together.

Respected Contributor

Re: RUTH BADER GINSBURG'S TOMBSTONE REVEALED

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee    It's a single polished marble stone with her inscription and Seal of the Supreme Court under her husbands.  It is so highly polished that other stones are reflected in hers. She prepared for this when she interred her husband.  It is quite high in height to accommodate both inscriptions.  I never realized Arlington had a private section for burials.

My father is buried in Pinelawn in New York which is a military cemeteryy.  All the headstones are the same and all are white and raised as well.  My father passed first.  

When my mother turn came, her inscription is on the back of the stone which made me laugh because it was the very first and only time, she had to take a backseat to my father

I wish the news reports had honored the one year unveiling before publishing a picture. 

Honored Contributor

Re: RUTH BADER GINSBURG'S TOMBSTONE REVEALED

@Somertime wrote:

@Pearlee    It's a single polished marble stone with her inscription and Seal of the Supreme Court under her husbands.  It is so highly polished that other stones are reflected in hers. She prepared for this when she interred her husband.  It is quite high in height to accommodate both inscriptions.  I never realized Arlington had a private section for burials.

My father is buried in Pinelawn in New York which is a military cemeteryy.  All the headstones are the same and all are white and raised as well.  My father passed first.  

When my mother turn came, her inscription is on the back of the stone which made me laugh because it was the very first and only time, she had to take a backseat to my father

I wish the news reports had honored the one year unveiling before publishing a picture. 

@Somertime   I agree with your last sentence. That would have been much more respectful, esp since this is the Jewish High Holidays between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.