Honored Contributor

Re: ROYAL BABY TO BE BORN IN LOS ANGELES?

One can desire to live on the moon but unless one renounces US citizenship, you are a citizen of this country.

Oh wait-the moon has an American flag planted on it.

I guess one would be considered a Moonie-American.  lmao

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Okay, I decided to quickly browse and only saw one "source" reporting this.  "Closer" has the same parent company as "The National Enquirer" and they're known to fabricate stories, or pick up groundless gossip, and use it for click-bait.   Tricks to get people to go to their site.    I'm not a fan of those entities or of their dreadful excuse for journalism.    They rarely and serendipitously might get something correct, but that's just the odds in life and not a good reason to expose our computers to their websites, in my opinion.😉   

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

@ Cakers I was speaking of her feelings..that is what matters to me. I don't think she cares about US citizenship. If I were in her shoes I wouldn't, either

@cherry

I know what you're saying, but her "feelings" don't influence legal standing ....  they are just "feelings".

Honored Contributor

More tabloid nonsense.  That doesn't even have the ring of truth to it.  

Respected Contributor

I guess I didn't know the National Inquirer is still in business!  I'm looking out my window right now for aliens.  Thanks for the laugh!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@cherry wrote:

@ Cakers I was speaking of her feelings..that is what matters to me. I don't think she cares about US citizenship. If I were in her shoes I wouldn't, either

@cherry

I know what you're saying, but her "feelings" don't influence legal standing ....  they are just "feelings".

@cherry I would never renounce my US citizenship.  I love this country.  My family risked a lot to come here and make a good life for their family.

I have travelled all over the world and I am always happy to come home.  I am proud to be an American.

I am sorry you feel the way you do.  

Valued Contributor

gullible

Valued Contributor

@wingnut wrote:

@Mlsg wrote:

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

As I was scrolling news reports the following headline caught my eye...

Meghan wants the baby to be born in Los Angeles.  It went on to say that Meghan and Harry are checking out hospitals and are interested in Mount Sinai where Beyonce had her twins. 

Being born in America will automatically give the child American citizenship.  They also want to buy a house in Los Angeles where the child (and/or future children) can spend a lot of time while growing up.  One specification is that the child be educated in England.

------

Personally, I doubt the Queen will be very happy with the news.  I would imagine she will not approve of it and just might tell them they cannot do it.  Of course Meghan and Harry can turn around and tell her it is their child and they can do what they want, however, the Queen can say it is her great grandchild and it will be born in England, down comes the hammer, bang, so be it!!!!!!!   There is a price to pay when displeasing the Queen, therefore, no one does it.  More drama!!!

It’s already not truth, LA does not have hospital named Mount Sinai.New York has. So who crieated this did not do homework.

The post said  CEDARS SINAI not Mount Sinai.  There is indeed a CEDARS SINAI IN LOS ANGELES.   Apparently you didn't do YOUR homework.

Read one more time original post ( check copy in this post)

By the way original poster acknlowledges this mistake.

Thank you!

Honored Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

I guess I didn't know the National Inquirer is still in business!  I'm looking out my window right now for aliens.  Thanks for the laugh!!!! 

Oh yes like the absurd story they printed about John Edwards!  How silly.  Oh wait, wasn't silly!  Was true!  

My point is you don't know what to believe in this day and age.  Don't believe the story, but nothing shocks me now days.   And what news source publishes it doesn't matter either.  You've got news anchors in copters that were shot, not true, and the Enquirer breaking an important story.  So who knows what to believe now.  It's all entertaniment anyway. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

Oh yes like the absurd story they printed about John Edwards!  How silly.  Oh wait, wasn't silly!  Was true!  

My point is you don't know what to believe in this day and age.  Don't believe the story, but nothing shocks me now days.   And what news source publishes it doesn't matter either.  You've got news anchors in copters that were shot, not true, and the Enquirer breaking an important story.  So who knows what to believe now.  It's all entertaniment anyway. 

In all fairness, though, I looked and they've been in business since 1926 -- yet this Edwards story seems to be the only one that always shows up as the publication getting something right.    They have a dismal track record and not many laurels to rest upon.   I agree, we have to research for ourselves and look to multiple sources and read in depth rather than going for the quick and click-baity sound bites that seem to inform so much of the population.   I worry that we've become lazy when it comes to getting to the truth.😟

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova