Valued Contributor

@CLHS68 wrote:

I think she does not understand how this works. She wanted to open the card & have the credit there to use immediately. Where you need to open the card & use it for a purchase and then in the next number of weeks the credit will appear in you account to use on a future purchase. It was not a rip off she just did not follow directions.

This is EXACTLY how it works! I got a Q Card back in August if I remember right, it was a few months back anyways, but I made a purchase that day and low and behold a few weeks later the $40 was in my account as an account credit, I think where people get confused is it's NOT a statement credit, it actually goes in your Q account to be used on a future purchase(s). Hth's someone :-)

~ Hope in TN ~
Honored Contributor

I think sometimes there is confusion because the hosts misspeak about it as well.  The hosts will talk about it while selling say a $29.00 item.  They say if you open a Q card, you get a $20.00 credit so this item will only cost you $9.00.  Therefore, people think they are going to get that credit immediately and that is not correct. 

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I think sometimes there is confusion because the hosts misspeak about it as well.  The hosts will talk about it while selling say a $29.00 item.  They say if you open a Q card, you get a $20.00 credit so this item will only cost you $9.00.  Therefore, people think they are going to get that credit immediately and that is not correct. 

yes, the wording they use should probably be changed.

there have been numerous posts regarding customers who cannot "find" their credit.

it is important for those who get these offers to read all of the fine print.

the other day there was a $10 qvc credit if you spend over $100 and used your QCARD. it worked the same way.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

I just transferred all easy pays to my Amazon visa. At least I get rewards to use for purchases on Amazon!

I opened a Q Card and received a $40.00 credit - I used it on an item that needed to be returned.  The lady when I called told me the $40.00 would go back on my account.  Well needless to say it didn't and they said it wouldn't because I used it on an item even though it was returned.......  This place is a scam- why would the credit not go back to your account................................

Esteemed Contributor

@StLouis Antiquer wrote:

I opened a Q Card and received a $40.00 credit - I used it on an item that needed to be returned.  The lady when I called told me the $40.00 would go back on my account.  Well needless to say it didn't and they said it wouldn't because I used it on an item even though it was returned.......  This place is a scam- why would the credit not go back to your account................................

Well, "first time poster", they were right.

Basically, that $40 was a coupon, and you did in fact use the coupon, and once used, you don't get it back, even if you return the item.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: RIPPED OFF QCARD CREDIT

[ Edited ]

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@StLouis Antiquer wrote:

Well, "first time poster", they were right.

Basically, that $40 was a coupon, and you did in fact use the coupon, and once used, you don't get it back, even if you return the item.

Why the condescension just because someone is a first time poster? If I'm not mistaken, you've been a "first time poster" too and on more than one occasion. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

always read the fine print when there is an offer......terms are usually clearly stated......and it is on the qvc page.

†Subject to credit approval. Offer valid from 12:00am ET on December 21, 2019 to 11:59pm ET on December 22, 2019. To qualify, you must (i) open a QCard account during the specified offer period and (ii) make a purchase by December 31, 2019. QVC will post the QVC account credit to the QVC accounts of qualifying QCard holders within 6-8 weeks after the conclusion of the offer period but may delay issuance in its discretion in order to investigate any suspected fraud or violation of the terms of this offer. If QVC determines that any purchase violated the terms of this offer, then QVC will be entitled to void the QVC account credit issued in connection with such purchase without notice. Offer is limited to one QVC account credit per QCard account. Auto-Delivery customers are only eligible for one QVC account credit. No additional QVC account credits will be sent in connection with any subsequent Auto-Delivery shipments. Offer not valid for items ordered on Waitlist or for the purchase of QVC gift cards. Auto-Delivery items and Advance Order items that are not ordered during the offer period, but subsequently ship during the offer period, are not eligible for this offer. Offer is not valid for existing QCard holders. Qualifying purchases that are canceled or returned prior to issuance of the QVC account credit will void this offer. The QVC account credit issued in connection with this offer may be used toward QVC merchandise purchases (excluding QVC gift cards) of your choice made by June 30, 2020. Must select the QVC account credit as a Payment Method at checkout on QVC.com for it to be applied to your total transaction amount at checkout or call QVC Customer Service at 1-800-345-1515 to place your order and redeem your QVC account credit. This QVC account credit may not be redeemed for cash and may not be used as payment on your QCard account. This QVC account credit is not valid at any QVC retail location. The QVC account credit may only be used for a one-time purchase. If the credit is used at checkout to pay for a product from QVC, the credit is voided and may not be used again, including if the product is returned to QVC. This QVC account credit will expire on June 30, 2020. Offer is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other account opening offer. QVC reserves the right to suspend or change the offer at any time without notice. This offer is sponsored by QVC, Inc. and not Synchrony Bank.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 Thank you for that information. I see I was wrong thinking the credit could still be used if an item is returned. 

My mistake! I'll edit my post to avoid any confusion I may have unintentionally created. So sorry, my apologies!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

always read the fine print when there is an offer......terms are usually clearly stated......and it is on the qvc page.

†Subject to credit approval. Offer valid from 12:00am ET on December 21, 2019 to 11:59pm ET on December 22, 2019. To qualify, you must (i) open a QCard account during the specified offer period and (ii) make a purchase by December 31, 2019. QVC will post the QVC account credit to the QVC accounts of qualifying QCard holders within 6-8 weeks after the conclusion of the offer period but may delay issuance in its discretion in order to investigate any suspected fraud or violation of the terms of this offer. If QVC determines that any purchase violated the terms of this offer, then QVC will be entitled to void the QVC account credit issued in connection with such purchase without notice. Offer is limited to one QVC account credit per QCard account. Auto-Delivery customers are only eligible for one QVC account credit. No additional QVC account credits will be sent in connection with any subsequent Auto-Delivery shipments. Offer not valid for items ordered on Waitlist or for the purchase of QVC gift cards. Auto-Delivery items and Advance Order items that are not ordered during the offer period, but subsequently ship during the offer period, are not eligible for this offer. Offer is not valid for existing QCard holders. Qualifying purchases that are canceled or returned prior to issuance of the QVC account credit will void this offer. The QVC account credit issued in connection with this offer may be used toward QVC merchandise purchases (excluding QVC gift cards) of your choice made by June 30, 2020. Must select the QVC account credit as a Payment Method at checkout on QVC.com for it to be applied to your total transaction amount at checkout or call QVC Customer Service at 1-800-345-1515 to place your order and redeem your QVC account credit. This QVC account credit may not be redeemed for cash and may not be used as payment on your QCard account. This QVC account credit is not valid at any QVC retail location. The QVC account credit may only be used for a one-time purchase. If the credit is used at checkout to pay for a product from QVC, the credit is voided and may not be used again, including if the product is returned to QVC. This QVC account credit will expire on June 30, 2020. Offer is not transferable and cannot be combined with any other account opening offer. QVC reserves the right to suspend or change the offer at any time without notice. This offer is sponsored by QVC, Inc. and not Synchrony Bank.

smile.jpg

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.