New Contributor

Don’t worry about getting it because they told me I had to “use it the day I applied to get my $20 credit”, but it says on ALL the offers that “you get the credit 1st time you use it” RIP OFF!
Respected Contributor

I am not sure I would ever apply for a Q card unless I had something very specific and big I wanted to buy, and I did not want to put the item on my regular credit cards. (For example, an  expensive Imperial Gold necklace).

I have been a Q shopper for decades--the only advantage I have ever seen with the Q card (and it is extremely recent) is a 12 month easy pay with no interest. 

Otherwise, I prefer using my credit card with airline miles so I can plan travel while I shop!

Honored Contributor

I honestly don't see a benefit in using this card. A forty dollar credit is not an enticement when other cards give better perks and cash back. Of course, what do you expect from QVC? It's the "nickel and dime" you channel. 

Esteemed Contributor

@AmyA wrote:

Don’t worry about getting it because they told me I had to “use it the day I applied to get my $20 credit”, but it says on ALL the offers that “you get the credit 1st time you use it” RIP OFF!

Is this the same credit you posted about in September?  What happened when Melvin reached out to Synchrony on your behalf?  Did you follow up with him?

New Contributor
AmyA

Ripped off!

I applied for Qcard in May and was suppose to get $20 credit with 1st purchase, I immediately made my 1st purchase and they WILL NOT GIVE ME MY $20 CREDIT! 

As much money as they make and they are that cheap and petty!

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

Seems @AmyA is holding a long term grudge.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

I am not sure I would ever apply for a Q card unless I had something very specific and big I wanted to buy, and I did not want to put the item on my regular credit cards. (For example, an  expensive Imperial Gold necklace).

I have been a Q shopper for decades--the only advantage I have ever seen with the Q card (and it is extremely recent) is a 12 month easy pay with no interest. 

Otherwise, I prefer using my credit card with airline miles so I can plan travel while I shop!

@FancyPhillyshopper  I got the Q card prior to any offerings because it is much easier to track my Q purchases when they are all on their card rather than co-mingled with my charges from other entities. Just my lazy way. LOL

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

Seems @AmyA is holding a long term grudge.

@AuntG  And it is the only subject @AmyA  has posted about...all 3 times. Interesting.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: RIPPED OFF QCARD CREDIT

[ Edited ]

Why would anyone call Synchrony Bank for the Credit? I thought this was done by QVC and should show up on your QVC in house account?

Melvin the Moderator should have know this.

Respected Contributor

I think she does not understand how this works. She wanted to open the card & have the credit there to use immediately. Where you need to open the card & use it for a purchase and then in the next number of weeks the credit will appear in you account to use on a future purchase. It was not a rip off she just did not follow directions.

Honored Contributor

I applied for a QVC CC a couple of years ago.  When I applied, I was given a $40.00 statement credit.  I remember I bought whatever item I was buying that prompted me to open the card and then a month later I was issued the $40.00 statement credit.

I did not get the credit immediately upon opening the card.

I never had any issue with the card or Synchrony Bank.  I did end up closing the account because there was no benefit to me having the card.  I just pay through Paypal and have the payment come directly out of my checking account.