Esteemed Contributor

RIP.  Such a talented man.  We watched his show every Saturday night & our kids loved it too.  We went to Branson many times with our dc and saw him in his live show numerous times.  He had a nice gift shop and our ds and dd bought the cutest Hee Haw t-shirts.  The first time that our ds wore his shirt, it was raining when we came out of our local library & he slipped on the sidewalk and his new t 👕👕👕was in shreds.  He was about 7years old.  My family always watched LW too.  Myron Floren was my favorite.

Honored Contributor

twinny,

What a blast from the past!  I haven't read or heard Myron Floren's name in decades.  Thank you for mentioning him.

The Lennon Sisters stayed a bit longer in the public eye, perhaps because they were younger than the other regulars.

Honored Contributor

It seems like only yesterday that I posted on this site Roy Clark singing "Yesterday When I Was Young," which was written by Charles Aznavour.  I posted Clark's rendition when Aznavour passed away on October 1.

Enjoy the splendor and beauty of Roy Clark's tender rendition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEY4LxORCeo

Honored Contributor

Re: RIP: Roy Clark, 85

[ Edited ]

Saw him on an old Beverly Hillbillies episode and wondered if he was alive. Roy was quite a musical talent.

I just listened to the video of him singing "Yesterday When I Was Young". It made me think of someone else who recently passed and lived life only for himself - to me, it was a life wasted.

Honored Contributor

I saw Roy Clark live many years ago

What a powerful entertainer.

I'm not much of a country music fan, but you didn't have to like country music to enjoy him as an entertainer.

RIP

Honored Contributor

Roy was very talented. May he RIP. Remember A Pickin and A Grinnin? LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@golding76 wrote:

twinny,

What a blast from the past!  I haven't read or heard Myron Floren's name in decades.  Thank you for mentioning him.

The Lennon Sisters stayed a bit longer in the public eye, perhaps because they were younger than the other regulars.

Goldie76,  We went to the Lawrence Welk theater & got to see all of the Lennon Sister's & Jo Ann Castle.  I think that the LW Theater is still there, but who knows who is performing there now.  

Honored Contributor

Roy Clark,

https://theartmad.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Rest-In-Peace-Candle-1.gif

Respected Contributor

@golding76

When his name would be mentioned, I always thought of this song.  It was his and his alone.  Such a beautifull and haunting melody.  Thanks so much for sharing.  I've book marked it to play again and again and again and.....

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown