Respected Contributor

Rest in peace. I loved to watch the Eight is Enough tv show because I was an only child I was mesmerized by big families. 

Trusted Contributor
Wonderful actor! Have not seen nor heard much from him the last couple of years. I enjoyed watching him on so many shows! Rest In Peace Richard.
Honored Contributor

Re: RIP Richard Van Patten

[ Edited ]

I saw this...he gave myself and much of America wonderful viewing pleasure...quality shows.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I did not know they did a t.v. show of "I Remember Mama". The movie with Irene Dunn is one of my favorites. Richard Van Patten was fun to watch and for many years. He will be missed. I loved Eight is Enough.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

he always seemed like the kind of dad you would love to have if you were to have a TV dad. eight is enough was one of my favorite shows growning up. i also had a huge crush on his son VINCE! may he rest in peace.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

His sister is actress, Joyce Van Patten, one of his sons, Vince is married to actress Eileen Davidson of DOOL, Y and R and RHOBH. Loved 8 is Enough.

Honored Contributor

One of his 3 sons is named Nels, after his TV character in Mama in 1949.

Esteemed Contributor

And Joyce Van Patten was married to Martin Balsam, their daughter is Talia Balsam who was married first to George Clooney and now married to John Slattery of Mad Men.  Hollywood really is a tightknit community.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

And Joyce Van Patten was married to Martin Balsam, their daughter is Talia Balsam who was married first to George Clooney and now married to John Slattery of Mad Men.  Hollywood really is a tightknit community.

Who knew?  Thanks for sharing.

Regular Contributor
He sold his line of dog food a few years ago and it is not the same😔RIP