Honored Contributor

Re: RIP: Peter Tork (Monkees) 77

Yes, I liked the Monkees too. Then John Denver the next decade.

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 wrote:

Mike Nesmith and Mickey Dolenz (my fave) are currently touring, playing Monkees music.  They will be in the Philadelphia area in a couple of weeks.  

WOW! They are going to be at the Keswick March 6th! Are you going?

Respected Contributor

@deepwaterdotter  One thing I loved about the Monkees, You've got to admire how they pulled the wool over the censors eyes. They're First Hit single  "Last Train to Clarksville" is a protest song.  the boy's been drafted and he wants his girl to come to him so they'd have One more night together til the morning brings his train and he must go... and he don't know if he's ever coming home.  They're sending him to Vietnam.   The "Keep off the grass sign"  in their flat is an Inside joke for the times.  More to them than just the Pre-Fab Four. 

Esteemed Contributor

I grew up with them.  They  were fun and so was their music, which I still listen to today.  I cannot believe that he was 77 (feeling old).  RIP.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heart @RetRN. Seems to me you called them the Skunkees. Your apology is accepted.

Respected Contributor

A Great time was had by all at the Mike and Micky Show!  Smaller venue was perfect.  Memories and singalongs.  The tribute video of Peter singing was touching and Heartfelt. You could have herad a pin drop.  R.I.P dear Peter and Davy.  Mikes son Christian and I believe that was Mickys sister Coco rounding out the band.  SO lucky to hear Mike sing and play his music.  Nine Times Blue, Some of Shelly's Blues and St. Matthew among others.  Daydream Believer had everyone on their feet and you could tell the guys were having fun.  SO glad I got the chance to see the boys.  Monkees Forever and Long Live "Twang"!