Honored Contributor

Re: RIP: Peter Tork (Monkees) 77

@Citrine1 wrote:

Mike Nesmith and Mickey Dolenz (my fave) are currently touring, playing Monkees music.  They will be in the Philadelphia area in a couple of weeks.  

That's kind of cool.   I know that Nesmith really backed away from the group for a long time, so I like that they are playing together.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

How sad to see another piece of my childhood drift away!! 

R.I.P Peter Tork 💐

@NicksmomESQ   That was Dobie Gray who sang Drift Away!  Smiley Happy 

@Pearlee  I wasn’t saying that Peter Tork sang that song just making a comment about my childhood memories. That song was the farthest thing from my mind!

Honored Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

How sad to see another piece of my childhood drift away!! 

R.I.P Peter Tork 💐

@NicksmomESQ   That was Dobie Gray who sang Drift Away!  Smiley Happy 

@Pearlee  I wasn’t saying that Peter Tork sang that song just making a comment about my childhood memories. That song was the farthest thing from my mind!

@NicksmomESQ   I know.  Hence the smilie after my post above , indicating that I was joking with you.

Honored Contributor

Peter was also my favorite!  I thought he was just adorable.  I loved his beautiful hair, too.  I was very sad to hear of his death.  I had a major crush on him.  I HAD to watch this show every day and re-runs, too!  I saved every penny I could get my hands on and bought all the teen magazines that had their pictures and posters in and practically wall-papered my entire room in them --- much to my mother's dismay!!!!!  They had some great songs which still are played a lot today.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

That is sad news.  Peter, the sweet one.  He was a true musician playing several insturments. I recall him playing the Bass, the piano and the Banjo in the series ( it would not surprise me if he really played the Harp in that episode "the devil and peter tork.")

He co-wrote the closing theme to the series 2nd season 'For Petes Sake"  

My favourite Peter song is Shades of Gray.  Auntie Grizzelda Still makes me sing along with a smile.  Godspeed Peter. You will be remembered.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Sorry to learn of his passing; I saw The Monkees in concert when I was in jr high...their warm-up act was Sonny and Cher! I remember how much we enjoyed the show. Peter was always my favorite...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mary Bailey wrote:

I still listen to the Monkees! 

My HS BF used to put my name iin Day Dream Beliver.  Instead of    "sleepy Jean"  he'd sing  "(my first name) Jean"  Istill do that to this day. LOL

That is pretty much my favorite of their songs with I'm a Believer a close second. Did you know that Mickey Dolenz's daughter was on GH back in the 80's? Actually they were all quite talented despite the silliness of their television show.

Honored Contributor

Here's for the fans ...................   Heart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcnsao7Y0gk

Respected Contributor

Never missed the show and loved the music!

Hyacinth

Honored Contributor

Tomorrow, ME TV is having a mini Monkees marathon with shows featuring Peter.