Respected Contributor

Re: RIP John Denver Died 22 Yrs Ago Today

Shanghai Breezes and My Sweet Lady are my favorites....but he had so many lovely songs.

Respected Contributor

Johns version of Let it Be is haunting.  It is on the Poems, Prayers and Promises Album.  

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee @another toe tapper is Grandmas Feather Bed!

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Shawnie, I don't need to YouTube it, I know the song well.
So many great songs mentioned here. It is almost impossible to pick my fave. I'd have to say Country Roads followed closely by the toe-tapper Thank God I'm A Country Boy.

Maybe others aren't as familiar with it, @Pearlee.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3. I'm aware of that. I was speaking for myself.
Honored Contributor

I am also a fan and have everything on my iPod and on CDs.

When I used to go to Monterey/Pacific Grove, after his death, I would always take out some time to go sit quietly by the area where he died.  Smiley Sad  

I sure wish he were still here.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt, I wish he was still here too. Just think of all the great songs he could have written in the last 22 years. Nobody on this thread has yet mentioned it but not only was he so talented but he sure was cute.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@chickenbutt, I wish he was still here too. Just think of all the great songs he could have written in the last 22 years. Nobody on this thread has yet mentioned it but not only was he so talented but he sure was cute.

Indeed!  He was a cutie.   His voice was so beautiful and strong, yet soft, if that makes any sense. 

I actually do still think of him often, even though I don't get to travel to Pacific Grove/Monterey anymore (which I also miss greatly!).

I'm mostly (like 99.9% except for my love of classical) a rock n roll girl but he really hit all the right notes for me and I could listen to that brilliant voice over and over.

Esteemed Contributor

Not a fan, but RIP.

Esteemed Contributor

I was a fan too.  Also, he had one of the most amazing backup singers.  I don’t know her name but she was awesome.  LM