Honored Contributor

Re: RIP John Denver Died 22 Yrs Ago Today

I loved his music... I bought his first album and played it on my record player....  I am sure  He was not ready to die  so suddenly   , but he loved flying and soaring the skies   and wanted to take that risk....

. Still makes me sad when I watch the channel 9 show on his life and music.   So much talent.  

Honored Contributor

I remember his plane crash, into the Pacific Ocean, on a small two-seater plane.  It seemed so strange and lonely.  Now we can read about it on Wikipedia but at the time there wasn't much information.  I was sad.  How to describe his songs?  beautiful? thoughtful? poignant?  I don't know, I just liked them.

Honored Contributor

I've always been a huge fan.  I like Eagles and Horses from his Wildlife Concert..  What a senseless loss.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Many of his lesser known songs are my favorites.  In terms of the well known -- probably Leaving on a Jet Plane.  I saw him many years ago at Madison Square Garden.  Phenomenal concert!!

Respected Contributor

My favorite Is "I'm Sorry"

Respected Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Shawnie, I don't need to YouTube it, I know the song well.
So many great songs mentioned here. It is almost impossible to pick my fave. I'd have to say Country Roads followed closely by the toe-tapper Thank God I'm A Country Boy.

I'm from WV, after WVU's football games the students stay and sing "Country, Roads", also when my Granddaughter graduated it was sung by the chorus. Of course it's super big here,actually he came one year and sang it at a game. 

Esteemed Contributor

That is my all-time favorite of his. Whenever I fly into Denver, I sing it to myself and am instantly transported to a happy place. His melodic voice is just so soothing.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Super Contributor

Sunshine On My Shoulder. 

Honored Contributor

Chalk me up as yet another "Sunshine...."  fan.  Simple, poignant, tender, but deep.  But then, all his songs were.   What a talent he was!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diwuu_r6GJE

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles, since you didn't quote anyone's post, I cannot tell what song "that" refers to as your favorite.