Super Contributor

RIP James Horner, Composer................

I admired his music.........RIP James Horner......

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/james-horner-dead-titanic-composer-804365

"James Horner, the consummate film composer known for his heart-tugging scores for Field of Dreams, Braveheart and Titanic, for which he won two Academy Awards, died Monday in a plane crash near Santa Barbara. He was 61.

For his work on the 1997 best picture winner Titanic, directed by James Cameron, Horner captured the Oscar for original dramatic score, and he nabbed another Academy Award for original song (shared with lyricist Will Jennings) for “My Heart Will Go On,” performed by Celine Dion.

His fruitful partnership with Cameron also netted him Oscar noms for original score for the blockbusters Aliens (1986) and Avatar (2009). The pair reportedly were also at work on Avatar sequels.

The Los Angeles native earned 10 Oscar noms in all, also being recognized for his work on two other best picture winners: Braveheart (1995) and A Beautiful Mind (2001). He also received noms for An American Tail (1986), Field of Dreams (1989), Apollo 13 (1995) and House of Sand and Fog (2003).

His lengthy film résumé includes The Lady in Red (1979), Wolfen (1981), Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982) and Star Trek III: The Search for Spock (1983), Red Heat (1988), Glory (1989), The Rocketeer (1991), Patriot Games (1992), Searching for Bobby Fischer (1993), Jumanji (1995), How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000), Troy (2004) and The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)."
Respected Contributor

Re: RIP James Horner, Composer................

He was extremely talented and died far too young. May he rest in peace.....

Respected Contributor

Rest in Peace. 

Respected Contributor

He was so talented, he left a legacy of beautiful music that will always be enjoyed, RIP.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear.  We lost quite a talent. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Trusted Contributor

I so admired his music.  I admire most composers in general.  But how sad to lose another major talent in a private plane crash.  Seems to happen far too often.   

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Honored Contributor

Many considered James Horner to be the best "movie scorer" of the modern era.  He had a fascination with planes and flying in general.  He was doing what he loved to do.

He left his mark on/in the world.  May he rest in peace.