Honored Contributor

Re: RIP Erin Moran ~ Actress

@SouthernBee wrote:

@itiswhatitis: My brother, smoked and died of lung cancer. Doctor indicated all of his choices made everything more difficult to deal with.  Her choices resulted in throat cancer. SouthernBee

@SouthernBee

We don't know what caused her throat cancer, there are several possibilities.

A friend of mine died in her early 50s from throat cancer caused by incredibly serious GERD.  She didn't smoke or drink, ever.

There's also another reason, not yet mentioned:

"Throat cancer is also associated with certain types of human papillomavirus infections (HPV). HPV is a sexually transmitted virus. HPV infection is a risk factor for certain oropharyngeal cancers, according to the Cancer Treatment Centers of America. Throat cancer has also been linked to other types of cancers."

Healthline.com

Respected Contributor

I hope some of you and your loved ones never get cancer so someone can "lovingly" point out it was your fault because of the choices you made.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Scott Baio has been stupid for a long time.

No actually he hasn't; and your comment is insulting to the majority of people in the US but go ahead as that is what you do daily.

There's a popularity score for Baio??  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Woman LOL

If anyone even knows who he is, they know he is a has-been actor who had an instance of 15 minutes of fame last summer.  I think he's looking for another 15 minutes now.  

Sorry Chachi.  It's not helping.  

~Enough is enough~
Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom I took Mr. Baio's comment as letting the public know (especially youth) that when you abuse your body with bad habits and dangerous things, the result can end in death.  I don't think he was insensitive. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

@sidsmom I took Mr. Baio's comment as letting the public know (especially youth) that when you abuse your body with bad habits and dangerous things, the result can end in death.  I don't think he was insensitive. 

Well....you're one of the only few on the Interweb

who didn't consider it insensitive.

Even Mr. Baio, himself, implied it was insensitive by saying,

"And I’m sorry if that’s cold, but..."

He set the tone, so....yes, Scott Baio, you are right.

It IS cold.  

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

It IS cold.  

@sidsmom

Yes, it is cold, and it shows he doesn't know what he's talking about.  He made an assumption about the cause when in truth he has no clue what the cause was.

Honored Contributor

I have had several loved ones die ,because of smoking, my dad, my mil, my aunt, my grandma.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

It IS cold.  

Question is, doesn't everything end in death?

I mean, nobody lives forever.

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

I have had several loved ones die ,because of smoking, my dad, my mil, my aunt, my grandma.

Me too @goldensrbest, both parents aunts, uncles and one grandparent. Woman Sad

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

Erin's brother had some choice words for Scott Baio. I won't post it because I think it would be poofed. Just google Tony Moran and Scott Baio. Hopefully Chachi keeps his idiotic comments to himself going forward.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu