Honored Contributor

Re: RIP Erin Moran ~ Actress

I remember seeing her on a talk show right at the very end of the Happy Days run (or that silly Chachi show), and her demeanor was rather strange even then.  Kind of giddy, divulging too much personal information, etc...  You could tell she was either on something, or she had some sort of mental issue.

I really never saw her again after that, and l never knew anything about her life after HD.

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@truffle wrote:

Image result for Kelly Moran Actor

RIP Erin Moran

I don't EVER remember her looking that good.  

Well, I do. She was on many talk shows and she was very pretty. I wish someone had reached out and tried to get her the help she so desperately needed. 

May she RIP and be with the Angels.

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

I read that it was a suspected heroin OD, although they won't know for sure until autopsy.

Very sad. Poor thing, RIP.

I read that on Facebook. So terribly sad.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

I wish someone had reached out and tried to get her the help she so desperately needed. 

There might have been many people who had tried to help her. We really don't know what went on with her.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@truffle wrote:

Image result for Kelly Moran Actor

RIP Erin Moran

I don't EVER remember her looking that good.  

Well, I do. She was on many talk shows and she was very pretty. I wish someone had reached out and tried to get her the help she so desperately needed. 

May she RIP and be with the Angels.

According to Paul Peterson (if you read the article), many tried to reach out to her over the course of many years.

Honored Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I wish someone had reached out and tried to get her the help she so desperately needed. 

There might have been many people who had tried to help her. We really don't know what went on with her.

Well, my motto in life is there but for the grace of God go I. Since I didn't walk in her shoes, who knows what private demons she was fighting..

Esteemed Contributor

@Daisy wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Paul Petersen and his group did reach out to her, apparently many times, and evidently she rejected their help. He runs a group to help former child actors, A Minor Consideration.

"We Pulled Our Weight With Erin
I am proud of our efforts over the years to help Erin Moran whose troubles were many and complex. Don’t doubt for a moment that we tried…sincerely tried through time and treasure…to give comfort to one of our own.
At least a half-dozen “formers” were actively reaching out to Erin in the last week of her life. These aren’t publicity photos her friends are posting, but family portraits. From Paris to London, from New York to LA, our members were in there pitching, doing what they could to help. Do not doubt that for a minute.
Erin had friends and she knew it. Abandonment was not the issue. The perversity of human frailty is at the root of this loss, not failure. We did our best with the resources available to us, but it was a very dark room. Some don’t find the light switch in time.
Paul Petersen"

That's from his FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/minorcon/?hc_ref=PAGES_TIMELINE&fref=nf

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Daisy wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Well, my motto in life is there but for the grace of God go I. Since I didn't walk in her shoes, who knows what private demons she was fighting..

Well, you said you wished someone had reached out to her...apparently there had been many people who had tried to help her.

Honored Contributor

i just read that she died from complications of stage 4 cancer.

i wonder if she had health insurance?

no drugs were found at her home.

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/04/24/erin-moran-cancer/

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Yes, I was just going to say the same - my news just said she "likely died from cancer".