Esteemed Contributor

Re: RIP Erin Moran ~ Actress

@truffle wrote:

Image result for Kelly Moran Actor

RIP Erin Moran

I just came on and this was the 1st of anything I have seen, so I am THANKING   Heart@truffle Heart for posting ~

`what I remembered of Erin, myself, from a very young girl`

How very~ very ~ sad to learn of her death; this is such a very young age. 

I was aware, from four years ago that she was not doing so well. She was nearly broke and near to being desperate, as she tried to regain any monies due her through residuals that were to be given, from the many episodes she appeared in from 'Happy Days'. 

I do -definitely- *do* remember that.

"I had no idea of her

life, in that she apparently had lived in such a Dark Place.

I believe I could justify that, from what I read, many years following the  very popular weekly series when she did so well, though". 

I have, more than often, "will always think of Hollywood ...` how many lives it can and and often does, destroying the very strength for those that become so emotionally lost`... ~ with many obstacles facing people we never really knew; often known as:

has beens.

It's is a tough life, for many, for those whom, when not on top, after reaching stardom at an early age.

Again, thank you truffle for the lovely photo when she appeared so much happier. 

NAES

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

She seems so young to be gone; however, I hope she’s at peace now.  

Honored Contributor

Erin Moran,

Image result for rest in peace images

Esteemed Contributor

Sad...but not suprising...

Honored Contributor

@house_cat wrote:

Too bad.  It's a sad story.  So many child stars seem to face the same fate. Coincidentally, we had Open House at my school this week, and one of the mom's I met looked familiar - it turns out she played Joanie's best friend on the show, Jenny Piccolo.  

Cathy Silvers is Phil Silvers' daughter.

Honored Contributor

Marion Ross, aka Marion Cunningham, is still living (88).

Honored Contributor

Opiod abuse hits everyone...inner city teens, suburban millenials, senior citizens, rural farmers and their families...everyone.

I, for one, don't blame this on her life as a child star. Exhibit A - The Richards sisters. All three were pushed by their mom to be child stars. All three achieved a pretty high degree of success in Hollywood. All three were exposed to parties and situations where drugs were common. Only one of the three is an addict (Kim). There is something more going on than just being a "child star."

Addiction is an illness. No one chooses to become an addict.

We, as a society, need to try some new approaches...what we are doing now isn't working. We need MORE mental health and addiction research, counseling and in-patient beds - not less.

It's time to wake up, respect the science of addiction, and solve this insidious scourge on America.

Honored Contributor

Loved and still love that show, and she was a big part of my enjoyment. Brilliant actress as a young teen and saddens me to hear of her death.

Condolences to all her loved ones,

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

R.I.P.  I used to watch Happy Days......

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor

Where I am perplexed is how could she end up broke in a trailor park after making tons of Money on one of the most popular TV sitcoms of that day?  She even had a spin off  show that she was the star in.