Honored Contributor

Re: RIP Erin Moran ~ Actress

@momtochloe wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Why has this turned into a Scott Baio bashing thread? 

There are many out there in the public who would say similar or worse about the person.  There are also many that could care less if at all. 

@Puzzle Piece I can't speak to the tone of this thread but I believe when Scott said he was being targeted because of his political affiliations it ramped up the angst as most folks don't care what side of the aisle you sit on, his comments were disrespectful and unfortunate especially since the cause of death had not been announced nor were her remains been attended to.  It doesn't help that he will always be so inextricably linked to her based on their TV relationship.  It also doesn't help that the rest of the cast members issued respectful statements and left it at that.  He did this to himself and he needs to reconcile the fact that perhaps it would have been better to stand down a while and then when appropriate champion the demons that haunted Erin and how to address and/or cure them.

That he did, even though he'd like to blame others @momtochloe

I'm taken by his comment that God gave people brains.  Thank you, Captain Obvious, but what he doesn't understand is that many people have a brain with issues.  Depression is an organic disorder, bipolar beats people down, it's a horrible life for most people.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

mtc wrote:

Love Roses wrote:

There are many out there in the public who would say similar or worse about the person.  There are also many that could care less if at all. 

@Love Roses I can't speak to the tone of this thread but I believe when Scott said he was being targeted because of his political affiliations it ramped up the angst as most folks don't care what side of the aisle you sit on, his comments were disrespectful and unfortunate especially since the cause of death had not been announced nor were her remains been attended to.  It doesn't help that he will always be so inextricably linked to her based on their TV relationship.  It also doesn't help that the rest of the cast members issued respectful statements and left it at that.  He did this to himself and he needs to reconcile the fact that perhaps it would have been better to stand down a while and then when appropriate champion the demons that haunted Erin and how to address and/or cure them.

You said that better than I did, @momtochloe.    I can't speak for others, but I explained my reasoning and it doesn't have a thing to do with "sides" or bullying (a very misunderstood and overused word).    I am so darned weary of this "side" stuff used as excuses, by any of us.    Maybe others didn't see his reality show and maybe they have reasons to admire him.   That's their prerogative, and I respect that even though I will disagree.    In any case, no matter who the players are, the comments were jarring and certainly stood out from other, thoughtful condolences.   It's a painful time for those who love her, that's for sure.   May she rest in peace, safe from the pain and sadness of her struggles here on earth.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

He made this about himself by being a self-righteous ******. Her body's not even cold yet, and he's spouting off about how she died, blaming her for her death. If you can dish it, you can take it.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Erin Moran had a difficult life, including during her TV time with Baio and obviously after.  She was "troubled" according to Marion Ross who played the mother and who tired to help Erin.

I don't understand why so many people try to find a reason to blame others for their own death, as if it could have been prevented if they'd only been better people.

We all have our failings and we're all going to die at some point.  There's a reason for the old saying, "Don't speak ill of the dead."  Someday it will be our turn.

I agree and I think it is equally as abominable when people tell someone that is sick that it was their way of eating that got them that way. We have someone right on this thread who loves telling people that they want to be sick. It really disgusts me....

Esteemed Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I know why. Yes he was blunt and the timing was wrong. People who love other people get frustrated with others life choices. He loved her as a friend.He should not have said what he did especially since it has come out she likely died of cancer. But IMO the backlash of him is bullying and we know why. 

EXACTLY!

I wonder HOW LONG it will go on.....good grief, people on this board are more upset about what he said than the fact that a person died...............

Of course he shouldn't have said what he did, but get off his back, he's only human.

On another note, I read that she was so poorly (according to her husband), that she had a feeding tube......she had Stage 4 cancer, apparently; yet they claimed there were no pain meds in the home.

It would seem to me she would need some...

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Erin Moran had a difficult life, including during her TV time with Baio and obviously after.  She was "troubled" according to Marion Ross who played the mother and who tired to help Erin.

I don't understand why so many people try to find a reason to blame others for their own death, as if it could have been prevented if they'd only been better people.

We all have our failings and we're all going to die at some point.  There's a reason for the old saying, "Don't speak ill of the dead."  Someday it will be our turn.

I agree and I think it is equally as abominable when people tell someone that is sick that it was their way of eating that got them that way. We have someone right on this thread who loves telling people that they want to be sick. It really disgusts me....

@Trinity11

Me, too.  There are a lot of people like that, and in my experience, they know nothing about various illnesses, not even basic knowledge, like Baio. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Trinity11

Me, too.  There are a lot of people like that, and in my experience, they know nothing about various illnesses, not even basic knowledge, like Baio. 

@Noel7Bob Harper had to put on his Facebook page a warning that anyone who came on his page and started giving him nastiness for eating meat would be blocked. According to what he wrote vegans were on there blaming him for his heart attack. It turns out

He has high levels of a particle in his blood called Lipoprotein(a), which is a hereditary condition....not brought on by what he was eating.

Noel, hope you are doing well....

Valued Contributor

Rest In Peace.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

I know why. Yes he was blunt and the timing was wrong. People who love other people get frustrated with others life choices. He loved her as a friend.He should not have said what he did especially since it has come out she likely died of cancer. But IMO the backlash of him is bullying and we know why. 

EXACTLY!

I wonder HOW LONG it will go on.....good grief, people on this board are more upset about what he said than the fact that a person died...............

Of course he shouldn't have said what he did, but get off his back, he's only human.

On another note, I read that she was so poorly (according to her husband), that she had a feeding tube......she had Stage 4 cancer, apparently; yet they claimed there were no pain meds in the home.

It would seem to me she would need some...

I see 3 of the Board Police are here.

How comforting.

Show your badges please............

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

@Trinity11

@Noel7Bob Harper had to put on his Facebook page a warning that anyone who came on his page and started giving him nastiness for eating meat would be blocked. According to what he wrote vegans were on there blaming him for his heart attack. It turns out

He has high levels of a particle in his blood called Lipoprotein(a), which is a hereditary condition....not brought on by what he was eating.

Noel, hope you are doing well....

@Trinity11

Good for Bob Harper! 

I'm OK, I hope you are doing well Woman Happy