Honored Contributor

Re: RIP Erin Moran ~ Actress

Wait, what? She was 56? How in the heck did that happen?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Too bad.  It's a sad story.  So many child stars seem to face the same fate. Coincidentally, we had Open House at my school this week, and one of the mom's I met looked familiar - it turns out she played Joanie's best friend on the show, Jenny Piccolo.  

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

Such a shame.  I always liked her, but she apparently made poor life choices.  May she rest in peace.

I agree - poor life choices. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

Very sad.

My she Rest in Peace. <3

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hollywood doesn't prepare its child actors to deal with real life when they grow up.The ones that transitioned well were those who had strong protective parents.They made sure their kids weren't taken advantage of. These parents protected their children's fortunes & did their best to make sure their children led pretty normal lives when they weren't filming.

These kids had a better chance of making the transition into adulthood. Of course there are always exceptions. 

I don't know Erin Moran's backstory but she probably didn't have a support system.I do know that Henry Winkler & Ron Howard reached out to her a while back when they heard about her problems.She refused their help.

I hope she's at peace!! I'll always remember her as Joanie! I loved Happy Days!!

Respected Contributor

Image result for Kelly Moran Actor

RIP Erin Moran

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

That is sad☹️.  So many who were on popular shows when young have a hard time once the fame ends and they can not get work.  Few end up becoming Hollywood stars. 

The cast on Eight is Enough has had problems with addictions and mental illness. Here is a rap up of where they are now. The  gal who played Mary, the doctor, died in 2001 from a drug OD.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/01/15/eight-is-enough-cast-where-are-now-30-years-later.ht...

We've seen that sad story 1000 times.  Child and teen stars who think they are going to have a life long career in the business and never get an education and never prepare for a life outside of show business.  They just assume it will go on forever and then they grow up and the bottom falls out of their lives.  Their talent is so limited that they can't go on to other roles.    And there's always that drug and alchohol component.  Also, starts back then did not make the huge salaries that tv performers make today. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

What a sad life after Happy Days...I'm hoping those were her "happy days".  RIP Erin Moran🌹

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

How sad.  She looks cute and happy in many of the pics.

Yes she does, @tansy.

RIP Erin Moran, you were way too young to go. 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Frequent Contributor

Very sad indeed!  Gosh Erin Moran and I are the same age.  I feel like i grew up with her.

I remember when i couldn't wait for Tuesday nights....when i use to watch Happy Days,

Laverne & Shirley.....Three's Company.