Honored Contributor

There are no words to desribe such a beautiful soul, RIP. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@hsawaknow wrote:

I read his book Night and that book still stays with me.

My daughter had to read it as a freshmen in highschool and she started to tell me about the book. Well it was so intense I had to know what happened but she had to read it at the class pace, so I took her book and read it in three hours. Its not that long and I couldn't put it down. It should of been titled Nightmare as I read it I felt as if I was right there and it was a horrific read not to mention what Mr.Wiesel went through to survive.

I think every one should read that book, if just to understand the holocaust better and what life was like back then.

Even though I'm a Gentile, I'm repeatedly drawn to the topic of The Holocaust.  I too read Night.  It's been many years ago though.  I need to read it again.

As a Gentle, I agree that no one, no matter their faith should ever forget. 

May he rest in peace.

There were over 5 million non Jewish people murdered by the Nazis...

My parents survived, my father's side, his father, two brothers and 

a sister did not survive.  May Mr. Wiesel and the 11 million lives lost rest in peace➕

Trusted Contributor

A great human being.

Respected Contributor

Re: RIP Elie Wiesel :(

[ Edited ]

The most tragic loss.  My heart is broken

Esteemed Contributor

13599977_10155160963517316_3691990618634712361_n.png

Respected Contributor

God Bless and RIP. Now I must read, The Night 

Respected Contributor

RIP, Mr. Wiesel! He was an extraordinary man.

My SIL is Jewish (worked in Israel for a year) and met him over there. Later, when my mother and dad were visiting Philadelphia, the college my brother taught at brought him in as a guest speaker at a dinner. My mother and dad got to meet him too. They said while he was speaking, you could have heard a pin drop. Everyone was just glued to what he was saying.

I have the complimentary vase that everyone who attended the dinner was given. It is gorgeous.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Esteemed Contributor

My father was a Holocaust survivor! He often would speak to us about the horrors he witnessed & endured ! Close relatives of his were tortured in horrific ways in Auschwitz!

Yet my father was not bitter.He was grateful that he & his father made it out!! They came to America & made a life for themselves!! Dad worked hard to give us the life he me never had.He married my mom & raised his kids to be loving & accepting of all people !!  He was strong in his belief that "we must never forget,or history will repeat itself".

Elie Wiesel was my dad's hero because he had the resolve to face the unspeakable horrors of the Holocaust every day to ensure that it never happen again.Not just to Jews but to all people!! We are one people!! We should stand up not only for ourselves but for each other!! When one is hurt we are all hurt!!

Rest in peace Elie Wiesel!! Your legacy will thrive & continue!! You led us by example that love & acceptance will over triumph over evil!! Thank-you!!

Respected Contributor

One of my favorite authors.  RIP, dear friend.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I read Night many years ago and would like to reread it now.  what a beautiful soul he was.  Whatever one's faith, he is a man for the ages.  Imagine what the world would be like if many tried to emulate his message.  I am sure he is resting in peace, in the arms of God.