Valued Contributor

Sunala,  I agree with you 100% !

To the folks with the insults:  If you don't like someone who just passed away, keep your comments to yourself.

It's just thoughtless.

Trusted Contributor

One of my favorites...rip funny man

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I never cared for the man.

@SeaMaiden-  what a negative response about a man that just passed away. Sheesh.

@sunala  Just because someone passes away does not make them a person I respect or like more. It is just fact. 

Honored Contributor

Most people don't jump at the chance to say something  negative about someone who has just passed away

RIP

Honored Contributor

Re: RIP: Don Rickles, 90

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I never cared for the man.

@SeaMaiden-  what a negative response about a man that just passed away. Sheesh.

@sunala  Just because someone passes away does not make them a person I respect or like more. It is just fact. 

I get where you are coming from. I didn't find your post offensive. If the family was reading here or you were really insulting I could understand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

DON RICKLES SERVED HIS COUNTRY DURING WORLD WAR 2

Right after graduating high school, he joined the US Navy 1944-1946

Rest in peace, Mr. Rickles, we honor your service.

Esteemed Contributor

@Cats3000 wrote:

No, I don't believe Rickles' "stuff" gave rise to Howard Stern.  Remember decades ago when Stern called Air Florida after the crash in the Potomac River and asked how much the fare was to that point in the flight?  Do you really believe that Rickles would have pulled a stunt like that?  I don't. 

Rickles was funny; his humor was not designed to hurt anyone.  Stern is not funny; never has been and never will be.

@Cats3000

Rickles' "stuff" didn't give rise to Howard Stern literally- but he was the shining example to think 'outside of the box'....

Honored Contributor

Never cared for his brand of funny.

Honored Contributor

I can't remember where we saw him will have to ask DH, but he was great.  Think it was AC, maybe philly, maybe chicago.

Anyways, I wanted to see him *one more time* last year with Regis, I believe, but it just didn't happen.

I made sure to get tix front and center, maybe 3 or 4 seats back....hoping he would pick on us.  But DH has a full head of hair, so it was a no go.

Honored Contributor

Re: RIP: Don Rickles, 90

[ Edited ]

My take on Rickles was that years ago I did not care for his style of humor and found him to be so insulting, but in more recent years he mellowed and he was just plain funny. Now when I saw him on  talk shows he made me smile and laugh without hurting anyone, Bob Newhart and his wife Ginny will be devestated, they were a foursome for over 50 years, constantly traveling together, the wives were friends before the husbands were. 2 years ago there was a special for him with all the comedians still living and popular today saluting him, it was fabulous, I remember Seinfeld walking him out on stage because Rickles had just had surgery on his leg. He was also a good friend to the much younger, John Stamos. Also a good friend to Regis, came on the morning show so often.