Esteemed Contributor

I saw him perform several times in his later years- what a legendary career! But his 'spunk' had definitely diminished, not one 'hockey puck' comment to anyone in th crowd!  Loved him- and he'll be missed.

Esteemed Contributor

He's the last of a dying breed. He was able to continue his "shtick"'for many years beyond his heyday. RIP, Don Rickles

Esteemed Contributor

I just loved his quick wit.I thought he was hilarious! I loved listening to him & Joan Rivers. I also enjoyed seeing him with Johnny Carson. His Roasts were hysterical!

Don Rickles thanks for the laughter & the memories!! RIP!!

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear. 

Enjoyed him as "Big Drag" on the surfer movies with Frankie and Annette. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Well he lived a good long life. Sometimes I would find myself laughing with him...sometimes I would cringe. It seems most people he zinged loved him so guess they were fine with the jokes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

We'll miss you, Don Rickles!  You made us laugh so hard and so much!!!  You were a funny man for sure.  I'll be tuning in to Johhny Carson on "The Tonight Show" to catch you whenever possible. 

Rest in Peace

@sfnative Beginning tonight through Sunday, Antenna TV will be airing Don Rickles appearances on the Tonight Show.

Respected Contributor

Nuts......His nasty cracks made me cringe, but people say he was really a very kind, good guy.  He was funny when he wasn't insulting.

Valued Contributor

Saw Don Rickles in Vegas for our honeymoon many years ago. I found him very funny. As I saw him through the years he mellowed out and his humor was not like it was back in the days in Vegas. 

Respected Contributor

Whoever referred to him as "abrasive" should hang his/her head in shame. 

Rickles was one of the funniest people around.  His nickmname was "Mr. Warmth" and by the end of his act everyone was sweating in laughter.  He NEVER hurt anyone with his humor.  He even kept today's generation in stitches of laughter. 

We are losing a genre of comedians that will never be replaced.  It is sad.

Honored Contributor

He was at the forefront of insult comedy.  Rivers did it later.  That kind of stuff gaver rise to Howard Stern.  Rickles was quite unique back in the early 60s.  Whatever the opposite of politically correct was, that was Rickles.