Honored Contributor

Thank you all for your comforting posts in a previous thread about our ailing dog. She had managed to enjoy four months after her surgery and diagnosis of a rare and very aggressive cancer.

Cody the Dog

She arrived in sunshine, ready to pounce. She flew through the air to anoint her prey.

Her eyes, lined with kohl, told us everything about life. Warm, happy, always on the qui vive.

Attention must be paid, lest you miss the signs. Patches of sunlight, children to protect, and

The everlasting quest for the next journey and the meal that inevitably follows.

But the universe is cruel, cold-hearted matter. It cares nothing about pads on paws

Or ears that go in all directions, or the velvet belly that demands to be nurtured with love.

The signs you want to ignore, the closing in all around you, the doctor’s pinched face.

It will be over soon; it always is. The last kiss will be sweet and to the point. No averted eyes.

Rest in peace, sweet pea.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Sorry for your loss.  Remember the happy times.  🐾

Respected Contributor

Oh, @suzyQ3 .

I am crying right along with you.

What a truly beautiful tribute to Miss Cody.

Go easy into doggy heaven sweet girl.

Honored Contributor

3613914_62413.gif 

@suzyQ3 

Bless you and your family. Cody, experienced unconditional love. I am so sorry for your pain and suffering. Love never dies. Take comfort knowing that.💐

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 I am so very sorry. 

Honored Contributor

Oh my @suzyQ3   I am sincerely sorry for your loss.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

I am so very sorry for you and your family’s loss. 

Honored Contributor

Re: RIP Cody (2006-2019)

[ Edited ]

Oh, (((@suzyQ3))).    Tears flowing as I read this.   I'm so sorry.    Your loving tribute to Cody is exquisitely, tenderly beautiful.   Fly free with joy and grace, beautiful Cody.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3   I'm so sorry. Pets are family members. One of the most painful things you can experience in life is losing a pet.

Esteemed Contributor

images (1).jpg