Frequent Contributor

Re: RIP: Art Bell- Coast to Coast (72)

I am just now hearing of Art's passing.  My hopes of his return to the airwaves are dashed.  Coast to Coast with Art Bell kept me company throughout the 1990's. 

There were some excellent shows, especially the doctor with the alien in his freezer and the time traveler John Titor.  Not sure how much of this was made up by Art himself, but it didn't matter.  It was fun radio listening! 

When he left his last show Midnight in the Desert in very mysterious and strange circumstances, I did worry about his health.   Godspeed, Art!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I heard last night on C2C th at George Noory will be doing a special tribute program sometime in the near future.  Should be fun listening.  

I still enjoy listening to his old  shows on Somewhere in time aired every Saturday evening.   Art was way ahead of his time.  Some of the programs were almost beyond belief but that was why I listened.  He opened my mind to things that I had never heard of or imagined.  He had great bumper music too.  RIP, dear Art.

Honored Contributor

I enjoyed listening to Art Bell. His subjects were interesting and thought provoking. Always controversial! He will be missed by many. 

Frequent Contributor

The Art Bell tribute will be on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory tonight, Thursday 4-19. 

Trusted Contributor

RIP Art Bell. Started listening to him back in 2001. I've always been a night owl and fascinated with the paranormal so his show was one of my favorite things.

A friend in need is a friend indeed.