Valued Contributor

Re: •••RFID Blocking Sleeves/Wallets CLAIMS•••

[ Edited ]

@June2 wrote:
I only carry one credit card with the chip. I made a foil sleeve to put it in . Cost me nothing.

LOL Great idea!!! Kudos also to Stewmagoo & Marp.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I need a wallet anyway and it would be awkward and bothersome using aluminum foil or finding a steel piece to put in wallet.  Just so much easier and neater to buy a wallet.

Honored Contributor

Stew ago said:
"The funny thing to me is that we all have to take our cards out to pay at any establishment we are at to pay our bill and at that moment someone can be in line with you, standing 20 or 30 feet from you as you pay your bill or run your card through the credit machine and your card is vulnerable at that point and they can skim your card then."

I bet you have to be a heck of a lot closer than 20 or 30ft to use a scanner. I would guess a couple of feet at the most.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have the F11860 from Travelon.  I don't usually care for their products, but have carried one of these for a while with no problems - have the red & purple.

$27.00 for 2 is a good price, and as I said they look pretty good.  Not high-end designer, leather, but suits the purpose.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

A couple of months ago I had to get a new bank card because mine was compromised. My new card has the chip in it. BUT - I haven't been in a single store that makes use of it. The stores are not using it until forced. So I end up swiping my card just like I always did :-(

I ordered a set of RFID blocking card holders from Amazon and I keep my new card in it. But as you all have said, once it's out of the holder all bets are off, and that really frustrates & annoys me.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I got my RFID blocking wallet at Mori Luggage at our mall plus I have an aluminum wallet from BJ'S. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Trusted Contributor

Also be very careful at restaurants when the waiter walks away with your credit card.  You have no idea where they are going with it and what they are doing with it.

My Dad taught me that and now I always pay at restaurants with cash only.

Super Contributor

H177224 Travelon RFID Blocking Card Sleeve works for me. Fairly cheap and I am able to use it in my existing wallets.

Honored Contributor

I have the credit card size passport and it came with an RFID sleeve so apparently the government thinks this is a real threat. I bought an RFID wallet from Travelon just to be safe. If we are in a restaurant and they want you to give them the cc at the table, instead my DH walks up to the cashier and pays it there, always keeping the cc in his eyesight. Just small measures to be safe. DH has a Lee Sands wallet from years and years ago and he uses the sleeves for his cc.

Honored Contributor

I am trying to think of a tactful way to say this but failing. So here it is direct and brutal - sorry. I think wrapping up a cc in aluminum foil and duct tape then having to pull that out for public exposure every time I am in a store or restaurant is not somethiung I would ever do. NEVER. Those sleeves only cost a few dollars, stay nice and neat and don't look like you just fell off the turnip truck. Again, I apologize for the directness.