Respected Contributor

Re: RETAIL ME NOT is a site to get discounts at so many stores

I use them quite frequently, especially for Bath & Body Works. 

Honored Contributor

I have enjoyed getting Retail Me Not emails for years now not just for the codes but for things on sale with no code necessary.  For example when Sonic has corn dogs on sale for .50 each.  Some days you just need a corn dog to take home with you.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

RetaiMeNot offers a lot of codes that can be used inside stores or at various websites.  Many times you have to go through their site to get the promo code to work so you cannot also use rebate sites.  And I have noticed the rebate sites have not given me back the rebate if I use a code from RMN because it's an "outside" code they aren't offering on their site.  Sometimes RMN money back is by way of a rebate.  Sometimes it's direct cash back when you purchase something using a card linked to your RMN account.  

Just make sure to pay attention that you get your money back.  HSN was offering $20.00 back awhile ago and I made the purchase but 4 months later the money was still never credited to my RMN account.  I had to e-mail them with proof and verify I made the purchase.      

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D : The other sites have not worked for me or I don’t understand the process. If shopping - I look for the best coupon instead of a percentage of cash back. Found 30% coupon for item and indicated other option 4 % cash back. I chose the coupon because $6 off but the cash back $2. My shopping varies. I have two birthdays in September and then need to start shopping for Christmas. Friends and family not visiting this year, I will need good deals because planning to shop on line and send direct to them. Hopefully will offer gift wrapping, more expensive but in reality will not need extra gift wrapping items at home. I am not physically able to purchase, then gift wrap and prepare package for mailing and the go to UPS. This  year plan ahead and opened separate savings account with deposits for holiday expenses, instead of charging. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated. Southern Bee

Honored Contributor

I'm not sure the reason that some have had no success with RTN. You do have to pay attention to whether the promo is current.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

I have used retailmenot for years without a problem. I also use Bradsdeals and get some huge discounts. I usually check it before I purchase anything online just to make sure I can’t save money.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes they offer codes, not rebates. I was placing an order last week and checked after I had put things in my shopping cart...and found a code for 50% off my order. Yay!

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee wrote:

@Mindy D : The other sites have not worked for me or I don’t understand the process. If shopping - I look for the best coupon instead of a percentage of cash back. Found 30% coupon for item and indicated other option 4 % cash back. I chose the coupon because $6 off but the cash back $2. My shopping varies. I have two birthdays in September and then need to start shopping for Christmas. Friends and family not visiting this year, I will need good deals because planning to shop on line and send direct to them. Hopefully will offer gift wrapping, more expensive but in reality will not need extra gift wrapping items at home. I am not physically able to purchase, then gift wrap and prepare package for mailing and the go to UPS. This  year plan ahead and opened separate savings account with deposits for holiday expenses, instead of charging. Any ideas or suggestions appreciated. Southern Bee

I don’t use cash back/rebate sites. I use coupons from RETAIL ME NOT. I shop online, add things I like to my cart. I temporarily leave my cart and go over to RMN site and key in the name of the store I’m shopping at. Once I do this, all the discounts for that store show up. I choose which discount coupon I like. I copy the coupon code. I go back to the shopping cart and paste my coupon code in the box where it says coupon code and then the total price  of my check out drops. Some coupons can be unusable because the place I’m shopping at has a sale on the item I’m purchasing and the store won’t take that particular coupon at that time. I then return to RMN and get another coupon to try copy pasting. Sometimes a different coupon will work. 

Honored Contributor

Coupon Cabin is another site I have used.

Retail Me Not is especially good for free shipping promos, in my experience.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

Whenever I can, I use both a rebate site as well as a coupon code in the same transaction...save even more that way.