Esteemed Contributor

REMEMBER THE ORDER FROM OVERSEAS?

[ Edited ]

The clothes I ordered from overseas that I thought I would never see...guess what?  The package finally arrived two days ago!!!!!   It only took about 4 months!!

Am I happy?  NO.  The sizing is off, two are so, so and three are absolutely a complete waste of money.  I just learned a big lesson, from now on it's USA all the way. 

Woman Happy

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

Re: REMEMBER THE ORDER FROM OVERSEAS?

I've ordered a few things that I thought were coming from the USA, the companies even had US mailing addresses & when I got the shipping notification, it was coming from China.  I haven't ordered clothing, what I ordered was inexpensive jewelry, but other than taking ages to get here, it turned out OK & I was pleased with the items.

Trusted Contributor

Did you also check your credit card statement for foreign transaction fees? 

All of those companies are not exactly scams, but they use deceptive tactics. The pictures of the clothing that you see on the internet are taken from other sources. They then make clothing similar to the photos, but it is not the same. They must use Chinese models because the sizing is way off. 

All of those companies are a total ripoff.

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma I made that mistake too!  Once!  Woman Embarassed

One was cheap and nowhere the right size; one was barely ok and is not a beach coverup. 

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma 

It doesn't just happen with items ordered from overseas!

Iggy Azalea has suffered a hilarious and very relatable online shopping fail.

The Australian rapper, 30, was left mortified on Saturday after receiving a racy crop-top she'd purchased from a seller on Etsy - an online marketplace for handmade and vintage goods. 

'I ordered an off the shoulder shirt on Etsy & someone sent me a pair of stockings with the crotch ripped out,' a bamboozled Iggy Tweeted next to two picture of the offending garment. 

Unfortunately, the so-called 'top' more closely resembled a pair of printed pantyhose.

Not what the rapper ordered! 'I ordered an off the shoulder shirt on Etsy & someone dead a** sent me a pair of stockings with the crotch ripped out,' a bamboozled Iggy Tweeted next to two picture of the offending garment

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

OMG @KingstonsMom , this is soo wrong but you have to admit it is pretty funny!! I hope she has a good sense of humor, the visual cracks me up!   Smiley LOL

Honored Contributor

@SeaGal 

Fans did ask her to try it on and she did on Instagram:

'That sneaky lil bi**h!' Iggy also Tweeted a photo of the product as advertised (left) as well as a picture of herself modelling what she actually received in the mail (right)

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma     This all could have been remedied prior to purchase if you had just googled these companies selling the clothes  and saw the horrible customer feedback.  Too bad you had to learn the hard way and lost your money. 

Respected Contributor

Funny top!  Chinese tops have different sizing.  I am a L or XL on QVC.  In Chinese sizes I am a 3X or 4X.

I buy Chinese items from aliexpress directly from China and have very few problems.

Valued Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

The clothes I ordered from overseas that I thought I would never see...guess what?  The package finally arrived two days ago!!!!!   It only took about 4 months!!

Am I happy?  NO.  The sizing is off, two are so, so and three are absolutely a complete waste of money.  I just learned a big lesson, from now on it's USA all the way. 

Woman Happy

Sorry to hear your experience was a bust. I have bought several chinese made items on Amazon and have not had a problem when it comes to sizing - everything has fit so far, but at least I know I can return if didn't like.