Frequent Contributor

WHERE CAN I FIND MARY'S RECIPE FOR THE RED WHITE AND BLUE SALAD SO I CAN PRINT IT WITHOUT HAVING TO WRITE IT ALL DOWN?

Trusted Contributor

Can you just cut and paste into a word doc or email, then print?  

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@little missy 

Here it is as a list.

Red White & Blue Salad

Ingredients
4 cups endive, chopped
4 cups baby spinach leaves
1 cup strawberries, chopped & quartered
6 oz blueberries
4 oz feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup green onion, chopped
1 cup halved walnuts or pecans, toasted
4 slices cooked bacon, chopped (optional)

Basic Dressing:
1 cup olive oil
1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup raw sugar
2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon Salt

Instructions
Wash all your lettuce, spinach and fruits. Pat dry and set aside.
For the dressing: get a two cup glass LockNLock container. Add all of the ingredients listed in the “Basic Dressing” section into it and snap the lid on. Give it a good shake and place it in the fridge to chill before serving.

Grab a large salad bowl. Place your lettuce & spinach in it and mix them together. Add your strawberries, feta, blueberries, green onions, nuts, and (bacon optional). No need to mix it all together as it will look prettier with all the red, white, and blue on top for serving.

Place the dressing on the side in a little pitcher or drizzle on as you enjoy each bowl.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono   Amazing of you to go to so much trouble to find this and share for @little missy . I hope she will acknowledge it. 

It looks like a good salad! 

Honored Contributor

@Teddie wrote:

@lolakimono   Amazing of you to go to so much trouble to find this and share for @little missy . I hope she will acknowledge it. 

@Teddie 

@lolakimono  is awesome like that!Heart

Always willing to search out (and always finds!) pretty much anything that her fellow poster are looking for!

She's a jem in the crown of our QVC community!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Teddie wrote:

@Teddie 

@lolakimono  is awesome like that!Heart

Always willing to search out (and always finds!) pretty much anything that her fellow poster are looking for!

She's a jem in the crown of our QVC community!

@KingstonsMom   I see that about her. She’s all over helping out. There are many special people on these boards and she is definitely one of them. I just feel disappointed when these kind deeds don’t get acknowledged. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono  How kind of you!

Honored Contributor
This is the salad I make many times, but I use goat cheese rather than feta and basalmic when I don’t have time to make my own dressing. DH’s fave. Chick fil-a a
Also has a “ market salad” that has fruit in it that delicious.