Honored Contributor

Re: RECEIVING FILTHY, DIRTY BAGS OF CLOTHES FROM QVC

I agree that it's usually the bags that are a mess, but I have also received boxes that are smashed and filthy, although less often.

Honored Contributor

I don't open boxes or bags (UPS/mail) in my bedroom. Even inside the boxes things can come out.

Honored Contributor

My TSV Malden Mills sheets came via UPS and the whole box was smashed in and filthy, the LOGO sweater that was the TSV came with the bag all filthy too. I find this happens most when it's a TSV. I never get packages from Evine or HSN that are in that kind of shape, makes you wonder about the people handling the packages.

Respected Contributor

Yes, and thanks for bringing up this topic.  I have received bags that looked like the UPS driver DRAGGED it behind the truck, then parked the truck on TOP of it and even drove over it a few times.  Talk about road kill . Woman Mad. . .! 

Honored Contributor

this has been going on for YEARS.......not just qvc, but from many other retailers.....boxes AND bags. it really doesnt bother me. i dont feel it is THAT bad where i have to open my packages outside. i bring them into my kitchen or into my bathroom. i open the bags, inspect and /or try on. if they dont work they go back into the bag (turned inside out) or box and returned. as long as the ITEM inside is not damaged or defective and is clean i am fine with how it arrives.

not really quite sure why 2 years worth of bags are being saved? if you really want to save proof of the dirty bags, why not just take photos and recycle the bags?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I hope all people who prefer the USPS are aware of efforts to privatize mail service.  

Honored Contributor

The UPS guy smokes a cigar on his truck.  Everything from him reeks of cigar smoke. 

The things I get from USPS get to me in pretty good condition. 

I never take packages up to my bedroom.  They get opened downstairs first.

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

I hope all people who prefer the USPS are aware of efforts to privatize mail service.  

Yeah, well don't hold your breath. That proposal has been around for many, many years and never gets through Congress.

Honored Contributor

@Boquet wrote:

This is a shipping complaint. Nothing wrong with QVC but shipping via UPS is bringing filthy, dirty plastic bags of clothes into my home. They are TOO dirty to bring into my home on my carpeting or my bedspread. The boxes are always clean. It's just the bags of clothes. Am I the only one who is having this problem for at least 2 years? I've finally gotten disgusted enough to finally complain to you. By the way, the packages I received via the US Postal mailman are always very, very clean !!! Is there anyone at QVC who could contact me about this issue of filthy, dirty bags? I have saved them all for the last 2 years & have been in contact with UPS for a couple of weeks now with NO results. They just pass the buck as to who's fault it is. They even suggested that it was QVC's fault.

You lose me there. 

Why are you keeping them if you are concerned they are too dirty to even come into your home??

I also get dirty bags from UPS, but I open them, remove the items, and throw the dirty bags in the trash. They don't go on my carpet or bedspread, they go directly into the trash. Once they are open, they're difficult to reuse, so I buy new shipping bags if I need to return something.

Contributor

Yes, I have received previously zip opened bags, too, the same as you. WHY?  WHO's opening our bags?