Esteemed Contributor

Re: RECEIVED LETTER BUT NO CHECK!

@QueenDanceALot  You are correct, but it did say Fortune on my screen.  Who knows what happened, but thanks, and maybe Fortune will see it.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

I received that letter at least two weeks after getting the direct deposit. Check your bank balance. You can also go online to the IRS website to see what it says. At this late date you probably were sent the debit card. From what I’ve heard envelope is so plain it looks like junk mail.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fortune 

This information is on AARP website.

What if I don't get my stimulus payment?

Start by checking the IRS Get My Payment web tool for determining whether your payment has been issued. The IRS only updates the tool once a day; you won't get anything but frustration by checking several times a day.

If you're concerned the check was lost in the mail or the direct deposit was misdirected, the IRS says it will mail a letter to your address 15 days after a payment was issued. If you receive the letter but never received a payment (or the payment was in the wrong amount), the IRS lists a toll-free phone number to call: 800-919-9835. Initially there was no option to speak to a live representative, but on May 18 the IRS announced that it was starting to add 3,500 phone representatives to answer callers’ common questions about stimulus payments.

Esteemed Contributor

My letter was also several weeks later.

Honored Contributor

the letter does tell you HOW you received your payment.

i received the letter about a month after i received my payment.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

You get the letter a couple of weeks after the check or debit card  arrives to your home.you must of thrown it in the garbage.sorry to say you are out of  luck now..

Respected Contributor

Thank you to all who had suggestions as to what I could do!  I also appreciate those who detailed how they received their stimulus, too!!  It looks like I have my work cut out for me!!