Esteemed Contributor

Re: RECEIVED AN INVITE TO JOIN NEXTDOOR.COM

[ Edited ]

NO Junk mail - a few ads.

It's my LIFELINE. People talk about everything, their missing pets - and everyone starts looking for them (many are found by neighbors); people selling items; people sharing info about the schools, people needing referrals for rooms/houses; the police dept and fire dept also post (they can't read our posts - except if they join). 

Last year, my doctor wrote a prescription for me as I had diverticulitis. I was so sick I couldn't leave my house. I posted on nextdoor and 5 minutes later, a woman living on the next block came to my rescue.

2 males emailed me on Craigslist looking for a room for rent - as I had an ad. I posted on nextdoor and 2 different neighbors rented to them. One got a job as an intern in my area and the other was a student from Germany attending the local college for 5 months.

I also found several handymen who I called to paint/fix my house.You'll find more honest people - because they're our neighbors.

I also met 2 great women - and we became friends.

It's the BEST site and it's FREE.

Honored Contributor

If you want to get rid of stuff, especially free stuff, Nextdoor works well.

I will post just to my neighborhood first to give them first choice and it almost always gets snapped up within hours.

I offloaded a ton of furniture last year in anticipation of redecorating.

ONe woman took everything for her son's college apartment. He was moving off campus with 3 other boys and she didn't want to spend a lot to furnish it.

She came to the right place because I would have had to pay someone to help me move it to the curb on trash day.  So it was a win-win.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

I love Nextdoor! It's all about my neighborhood, and I've been able to get so many recommendations for house painters, HVAC contractors, etc. It's a great group of local people in your own neighborhood.

Trusted Contributor

@triciasmom 

thank you for your help letting me know how to sign up. It's sounds easy, so I'm going to give it a try!! 

Respected Contributor

I don't reply just read it and found out so much what is going on. Saw some building going up had no idea learned new restaurants or stores coming. Know so many have packages stolen from their house, now with Quick Trip they have mail boxes to rent if you work and go there to pick up your packages (who knew you could do this) Yes alot of found pets, selling things too but I'm not interested in that. They will tell you who is a good painter, plummber etc... & who not to use if you need this. power outage they know saying it will be restored in 2hrs working on it. so much info I like it.